anyone know the history on this racer?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: anyone know the history on this racer?

Thanks McCoy! this weekend is really wishful thinking, but sometime in early December i'll have to take you up on that offer.
    got the t-20 back together tonight. need some longer bolts for the case halves... i'll "borrow some" from work tomorrow. still need to do the adjustments on it and fill fluid, then it can go back in the machine. i got my hubs built today on my lunch hour... need to go back out and paint them. fuel pump will be here tomorrow, and the carb kit eventually. a solid 8 hour day will have her ready to run, too bad the last one of those i had was 3 years ago
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

so very close

well... everything is ready to run, except for the rag stuffed where a carb should be i was really hoping to give it a shake down this weekend. i did fire it for just a second with some starting fluid, so i know the engine will run. crank seals are the last questionable item, and if they won't let it pump fuel, i have an electric pump that can go in. hopefully i get the carb on monday... rebuild, and test drive tuesday before i leave for Thanksgiving. that way if i have any issues i can beg George to bring parts when we get together next week, or make an emergency stop at the Attex warehouse (AKA Dons house) on the way to or from NY
    Last edited by racerone3; 11-23-2008 at 06:25 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

IT"S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

made the first (short) test run in the racer today, thought i'd bring you guys along for the ride. less than 3 minutes in the machine and i had her off the ground. i'll get footage of that next week for the "air buds" wall. didn't have time to add music as i'm getting in the car for a 10 hour drive tonight.
    Enjoy, and thanks to everyone who helped with this build. a HUGE thanks to Don for parts and hours of tech support!

p.s. sorry for the "Blair Witch Project" camera work in the woods
    Last edited by racerone3; 11-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Looks like it's time to take the racer to the cow pasture and open it up. I'm sure we can get a nice "Air-Bud" shot there.

McCoy

Cool! Glad you got it going. Just one thing, though: if it's behind you, it's not important!

Your JLO doesn't really sound like that, does it?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Racer, looks great For a machine you brought home just 7-months ago, you sure did a lot to it. I hope I can have a race-ready machine by Ashtabula, and hope to see you there
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Hey Race,

Congrats on getting this bad-boy back online.

Looks and sounds great!
    Banned

McCoy, we'll defenitly have to do that. next weekend might be possible. i'm going to try to run it a while on sunday when i get home, then pull a link out of the short t-20 chains, and put a wrench on everything.

Don, the mirrors are about useless... i had them laying around, and was bored at work one day so i built the mounts. the engine actually sounds really nice. that camera is waterproof, so what you get for sound is a combination of a really muffled mic, wind noise, and the engine.

6X6, thanks, i'll definetly be in Ashtabula. if you don't have a racer done by then, your more than welcome to take this one for a spin. i had stalled out on this project, but running George, and Bud's machines at Buzco last month gave me the kick in the pants to get back on the job.

Well, between driving Georges Springer and watching this racer build, I have the kick to get mine done, as quickly as funds allow. I will hopefully see you at Busco, too.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

I sure hope it didn't sound like I was cutting the machine- you've done a great job on it and I'm looking forward to seeing the beast in person. The mirrors look good on it, but I know I couldn't use 'em. Once the engine starts I get tunnel-vision and wouldn't be able to force myself to look in the rear-veiw.

We should be able to field some classes in Ashtabula if everyone is able to make it. It would be great to have at least a couple stock classes and a modified or two. Do you know what class your machine ran?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread