20x10x8 tyres

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20x10x8 tyres

20x10x8 tyres

Well I've just searched and searched and cannot find AATV tyres in a 20x10x8 size, does anyone know of any?

I need to gain some clearance for tracks, I may..may get away with 21" but I don't think there would be sufficient room.

The tyres would be for track use only, so no need to be swimmers etc just a good enough to work in tracks tyre.

Looking forward to suggestions. Heck I could even go the old 3 hole wheel setup if need be! just unbolt the adapters.

Thanks!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

You will have some choice if you go with 9" wheels. There are several makes of 20x10x9 tires out there.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Look at Carlisle tires, Big Biters - Power tracks II very well priced 5 lb max psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Clif View Post
    Look at Carlisle tires, Big Biters - Power tracks II very well priced 5 lb max psi.
    Yes, but the Carlisle 20x10x8 tires ride, extremely, bone jarringly, hard.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

But with the tracks mounted on those tires do you think you would notice the ruff ride? I'm in the same boat. I'm wanting to get escargo tracks but they want me to have 20x10x8 tires as well. And I can't find nothing except those carsile?

If you go with a Turf tire options should open up, the Aggressiveness should not matter as much in tracks.

Thanks Argo jim. I been posting questions on this site for a month now and your my first and only response thanks I think I'm gonna get the 20x10x8 carlisle turfs. Have a great 4th!!

The wild card about the tires is the N.H.S. issue (not for highway speeds). For passenger car and light trucks the Federal government requires uniformity in tire reporting, meaning that a tire that is a 33x12.5x15, for example, is actually 33" tall, 12.5" wide and fits a 15" wheel.
    For ATVs, the Federal government requires none of that, so a tire that you think may be a 26x12x12, may actually be 24" tall, 13" wide, but does fit a 12" wheel.

Since you are going to rely on these tires to turn the track, I would do some depth of research before purchasing as the width may not properly fit inside the track, too much width and the track won't fit, too little width and you will an issue where the tracks will not turn well, or may easily be thrown off.

A great many members on this forum have done research on this, and even within the same make and model tires there is a lot of variance. I have several 24x10x8 tires and when you measure the width they may be half an inch off, and the height varies from 23" to 24.5". The only true way of fitting these to tracks involves much trial and error.

I'm gonna install the escargot tracks on my max ii. And the guys at beaver dam Argo are installing them and recommended I install 20x10x8 tire. And the carlisle super lug is the only maker of that tire anymore that looks similar to the old Goodyear runamuck!

+ Reply to Thread