Attex Colt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attex Colt

Attex ST/295

I just bought a ST/295 with a Sachs engine in it. Anybody got any literature on these?
    Last edited by smudvapor; 01-18-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Have you looked in the literature section on the front page of the site?

Attex Brochures
    Attex Manuals

The 252 Crazy Colt came with a 252 JLO/Rockwell engine. The Sachs engine wasn't the original one.......someone put it in there at some point. I remember this machine from Akron/Canton Ohio Craigslist yesterday. The Colt was the basic entry level machine that got many folks in the AATV hobby because Attex sold them for $995.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I started looking closer and it looks like its a Wild Wolf. The sticker says 295 an it has a metal gas tank and electric start. All of that match's except the engine. Could it be possible that some of the Wild Wolfs had Sachs?

None of the Wild Wolfs came with a Sachs either. If it has a removable nose piece on the front of the upper body then it's a Wild Wolf. If the nose peice isn't removable it's an ST/295. Are there a total of 4 drive chains or six? I'm guessing since it has a metal tank it's a 1971-1972 ST/295.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The nose is not removable, all one piece. It has 6 chains.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by smudvapor; 01-18-2014 at 09:46 PM.

OK, you've got an ST/295, either 1971 or 72. You can look on the right rear frame rail toward the back corner of the machine. The year and serail number will be stamped in there......you'll have to look closely and probably take some sandpaper to it so that it'll be visible. This was one step up from the 252 Colt and the predecessor to the 295 Wild Wolf.

The good thing about this machine and the ST/400's is that you can easily swap a V-twin 4 stroke in there and have plenty of clearance under the hood, thus making it a very nice, clean, and still stock looking trail rig.

Already pulled the engine.
    Attached Images

You're moving right along already! How many cc's is that Sachs? I'd imagine you could sell it to someone with an Amphicat to fund the purchase of some new parts for the Attex restoration.

It is an SA-280 with electric start. The guy that I bought it from said that it did run but it had not been run in a few years. When I pulled it out I noticed that the external coil is missing. Everything else looks like it is there.

+ Reply to Thread