Polaris re-invents the off-road again

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris re-invents the off-road again

Polaris re-invents the off-road again

Polaris has just introduced the new Sportsman Ace, a single passenger "sit in" ATV that crosses their Sportsman quad with the Rzr side by side. This is probably the most unique and innovative new ATV we've ever seen and is sure to be a game changer in the off-road world. This thing is just stone cold cool and starts at just $7500. Here is the Polaris site and intro video:
    Polaris Quads: Utility Four Wheelers & Sportsman ATVs : Features

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Doesn't seen to innovative or cool to me. Seems like a modern honda odyssey. I'd like to see it swim across a lake!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Cool, someone is bringing the Honda Odyssey/Pilot back...........
    you beat me to it Drew

lol,was thinking the same,honda odyssey.looks like more polaris junk to me.

I like it!
    Of course, I just sold my 1985 Honda Odyssey because it was only a single seat.
    It was a ton of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Doesn't seen to innovative or cool to me. Seems like a modern honda odyssey. I'd like to see it swim across a lake!
    Not innovative or cool, I totally agree. It probably floats......upside down!

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    Cool, someone is bringing the Honda Odyssey/Pilot back...........
    you beat me to it Drew
    Exactly, Mark. And they did it in a pretty cheap way by basically taking an existing 4 wheeler and making some slight changes to some components so you sit in it like the Odyssey/Pilot. Also, you sit in this 4 wheeler and can't lean and throw your weight around from side to side. 4 wheelers, being unstable as they are, need to be ridden this way in order to prevent rolling over. I don't see these machines being very stable since you can't use proper "Body English" to keep them upright due to the fact that you're strapped into them (and only with a 3 point seat belt, not a 4 or 5 point). I'm not at all impressed. And if I remember correctly, Brandon posted some kind of side by side stuff on here before and it generated responses mostly along the lines of, "this is 6X6World, not side by side world", which is absolutely right. So let's save Mike some headaches and space on the site that's for stuff what we're all actually here for, AATVs.
    Last edited by jpswift1; 01-22-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Not innovative or cool, I totally agree. It probably floats......upside down!

Exactly, Mark. And they did it in a pretty cheap way by basically taking an existing 4 wheeler and making some slight changes to some components so you sit in it like the Odyssey/Pilot. Also, you sit in this 4 wheeler and can't lean and throw your weight around from side to side. 4 wheelers, being unstable as they are, need to be ridden this way in order to prevent rolling over. I don't see these machines being very stable since you can't use proper "Body English" to keep them upright due to the fact that you're strapped into them (and only with a 3 point seat belt, not a 4 or 5 point). I'm not at all impressed. And if I remember correctly, Brandon posted some kind of side by side stuff on here before and it generated responses mostly along the lines of, "this is 6X6World, not side by side world", which is absolutely right. So let's save Mike some headaches and space on the site that's for stuff what we're all actually here for, AATVs.
    That's why I posted this in the chit chat section, it's not AATV related. I also posted it to see more reasons why the 6x6 industry is getting left in the dust. We have to embrace change and adapt what we do to fit the current market if we are ever going to gain any traction. Amphibs have been on the market for 40 years and you never see one in use at an off road park outside of an organized ride. Polaris introduced the Rzr in 2008 and that vehicle accounts for at least 50% of the vehicles at every park in the country. They are doing everything right and their market share reflects it. We can learn from that to improve our sport. It does no good for us to say this new vehicle is dumb, junk, or "doesn't float". Thousands of buyers and millions of dollars will prove you wrong.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I totally agree with Maxrules
    As an owner of a quad, as I bet a lot of 6 wheel owners are but won't admit it on the forum for fear of being ridiculed. I find it amusing how people bash 4 wheelers when in essence 4 & 6 wheelers are completely different machines.
    Both 6 & 4 wheelers have advantages and disadvantages. And sure this forum is for 6 wheelers, so it's a crime to ever mention anything else?
    Let's try not to be 6 wheeler snobs, by saying everything besides a 6 wheeler is junk just paints you into a corner, we need to open are arms to promote the 6 wheel world.
    Oh btw did I mention, I also own a Max ll
    Last edited by Rottsrool; 01-22-2014 at 07:24 PM.

all it is is a quad with a cage LOL.. STUUUU, definitly not a redline revolt or even a honda Odyssey, just
    sombody who can't keep from falling over and hurting their fragile self

Posting what's going on in other aspects of off-roading is fine. However boasting how great you think the competition is, is not going to go over well, especially here. It be like a Walmart employee suggesting buying stuff at Target, or a Max dealer showing up to a group ride in an Argo. Sometimes you just know the reaction won't be positive.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread