How well does a MuddOX float?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How well does a MuddOX float?

How well does a MuddOX float?

I took a trip to MattO's today and was treated to a wild ride in a new MuddOx XL with the dual tire set up. Part way through the ride, I asked "how thick is the ice on the pond.......apparently not as thick as Matt thought it was. After a few doughnuts and power slides, the cracking sounds began. Matt gave it full throttle and we made it to shore before falling through.
    I thought it was very funny, with visions of the sportster coming to mind. Matt, well, not so much.
    [IMG][/IMG]

It's always funny when it happens to someone else Would 16 vendetta's have kept us floating? I bet the water was cold in any event.

On a more serious note, it was a really cool machine Fun times!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

That set up looks awesome! Did you see if he would bolt that set up on a Max IV to try out? That would have a very high cool factor!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I got the impression that Matt would make anything you can afford.
    It was very stable, but I expected nothing less with it being that wide. It also rode very well with hardly any air pressure in the tires. I stood on the tire to get into it and the tire squished under my weight......does that mean I need to diet?

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    I got the impression that Matt would make anything you can afford.
    That's a good position to take. It wasn't too long ago when you could get any color max you wanted as long as it was brown, and before that a bunch of factory Max duelly kits got thrown in the dumpster at the factory. My how times are changing.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'm sure with all that floatation you would have been ok. You can really see the difference of the XL in those pics, looks mean. I guess I'll actually have to get in one this year.

With that set-up you could carry some serious payload into the water. Wowee!

Matt claims it can be tracked with the duals also.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

The deep tub Ox looks awesome. Now if Matt and crew can make some product improvements in the Recreatives line up is the big question.

I've always thought that the price point for a new 18hp Max2 with solid axles and real chain adjusters should start at $7500. A Max4 similarly equipped should start at $8500. Look at Argo with their well equipped Frontier 580 line are at $9900 with $500 in free accessories.

Then the Mudd Ox can be the upscale product line.

+ Reply to Thread