6x6 Ride at the 2014 Texas Mud Nationals!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Ride at the 2014 Texas Mud Nationals!

Thanks to all the amphib riders in attendance, it was a very fun time, although we didn't get as much riding in as I had planned due to traffic congestion. Made some new friends in the process.

I ran two Argo Frontiers in the Endurance race, and finished the race, but didn't win, place or show. Actually made 6th place with a time of 11:04. Maybe next year I'll come up with a new trick up my sleeve for the race.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 04-01-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Noel

Did your amphib group with the Adair tracks try to drive through this really challenging mud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCYho6dchLE

Yes indeed, and then some really challenging mud afterwards.

Ha ha its funny to see that video of all the atvs stuck in that mud hole. That was one of the obligatory mud pits that we hit every time we went down the high line. I think the rest said, "they can do it, so can we."

Noel, if you noticed all the guys that won started off at the left side of course and then moved to the right. They knew where all the deep holes were and weren't, so they avoided theme. Next year try to start last and watch where everyone goes cause you should be able to avoid swimming for the most part.

My truck was in the shop for over 2 weeks, and I just got it back was not able to make it down. :-(

It looks like y'all had a good time.

This is some more awesome video of the atv Mud Nationals and what was seen there at this event for those forum members who didn't make the event this year. When the video counter gets to 4:46 you'll see two Argo's fitted with Adair tracks getting ready to enter the endurance race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWg3ZHJMGY
    Last edited by mudbug3; 03-31-2014 at 02:18 PM.

I had a great time at mud nationals,it was everything that I was expecting, and way more! It was nice to put a face with some of the forum members,and made a bunch of new friends.
    We could go pretty much anywhere on the park we wanted,and some of the most fun was putting the aatvs to the test, pulling out the side by sides. The first poor soul we pulled out was this kid who got stuck the day before,and it took us the better part of an hour,and I believe we had four argos pulling in tandem to get him out.A lot of these guys who get stuck end up spending the entire night with their ride so it doesn't get vandleized. There should be some great video posted of this.I took a great pic of this kid right after we got him out.His unit was all busted up,nothing that 5 or 6 grand wouldn't fix however.
    The only disapointment that I had was that one of my batteries died on my gopro, and I missed a lot of video time.However,maxrules had me covered,as we spent a lot of time in the same argo. He had the ultimate camcorder that was so tiny he had it around his neck,and the batterie lasted forever.

Here is the first of a few video clips:

Last edited by foxvalley; 04-01-2014 at 06:10 PM.

What an awesome ride at the Mud Nationals! It was a long drive to get there but that swamp is worth the road trip. There was a whole fleet of Argos outfitted with Adair tracks. We put on a good show in the mud and thanks to those Adair tracks we could go anywhere. This was the first time I was really able to put some time on an Avenger with tracks in challenging terrain and let me tell you it was a blast. I drove through the deepest mud, up steep banks, and over logs with ease. I highly recommend making the drive to this event next year. Texas and Louisiana just have the perfect terrain for our amphibs. I have several videos and one is in the process of uploading now. I'll post here when complete and here is a few pictures to get us started:
    1 - Argos in the swamp
    2 - Quads in the endurance challenge
    3 - Argo in the endurance challenge
    4 - Awesome custom yellow Argo from Adair Argo Sales

S1090009.jpgS1080010.jpgS1080012.jpgS1080031.jpg
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

First video:

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

good video Brandon, wish I could have made it down

+ Reply to Thread