Who makes the best tracks for Argo?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the best tracks for Argo?

Who makes the best tracks for Argo?

Planning to purchase a new Argo and looking to put together the ultimate waterfowl hunting rig for this fall. Plan on running in mostly swampy conditions, lily pads, cat tails, mud, etc. Who makes the best tracks to get around in these conditions. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 01-30-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: moved thread from General Discussion to Track forum

Everyone I know with Adair tracks has been very happy with them. I've driven machines with them and been on many rides with people who have them, and they work great in the conditions you describe. Also, the guys at Adair Argo sales are really helpful and give great customer service!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Although I have no other experience with any other set of tracks and only have ever owned one amphib, I have dealt with a lot of customer service. Adair remains at the top for quality customer service. Plus, their tracks work well in mud and snow for my purposes and when I finally take it out hunting this year I am confident I won't have any issues.

Any information on Escargo tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Everyone I know with Adair tracks has been very happy with them. I've driven machines with them and been on many rides with people who have them, and they work great in the conditions you describe. Also, the guys at Adair Argo sales are really helpful and give great customer service!
    I vote for Adair Tracks too!

Adair makes the best in my opinion. Although I have not tried some of the more snow oriented tracks that are out there.

here is a mud-oriented clip.

Argo Coal Compressed - YouTube

Here is another "mud oriented clip" more suited to where ducks would live compared to coal soup.

Pushing it to the edge - YouTube

Thin steel grousers bite into wood, ice and frozen ground, thick UHMW float better but less bite. My decision to go with Escargo was I don't know how long plastic grousers will last and if they might break in really cold conditions.

If your not in the northern conditions where we get -35 or colder that can make a difference to your decision. All Tracks are good but it's your intended use and budget?

I paid $4500.00 for the tracks and $425.00 delivery to my house.

Either way, enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xnKh6IkeIY

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n_F_EXY...ture=c4-feed-u

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EEboCETyMY
    Last edited by 2014SE; 02-02-2014 at 11:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread