Adair classic tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Adair classic tracks

here is the adair all-uhmw version 17 inch, called "classic"
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-11-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Do you ever get the feeling that I am not on the same page as everybody else? ... I thought the new pro series tracks were the all-uhmw version and the older style with chains was the "classic". I was watching the video from Rock Doctor on how to install adair tracks. Adair Argo Tracks Assembly and installation - YouTube This is why I was confused about raised tracks...we were not talking about the same adair track. Do they still make the "chain" version? Thats what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by jjort View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that I am not on the same page as everybody else? ... I thought the new pro series tracks were the all-uhmw version and the older style with chains was the "classic". I was watching the video from Rock Doctor on how to install adair tracks. Adair Argo Tracks Assembly and installation - YouTube This is why I was confused about raised tracks...we were not talking about the same adair track. Do they still make the "chain" version? Thats what I was looking for.
    They do not make the chain version anymore as they have upgraded their tracks frequently. The belting is a more desirable design. Give them a call and they will clear things for you. Tim and Mike are very helpful.
    Last edited by thorn; 02-11-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Don't feel bad,it was just a short while ago, that all we talked about were the chain tracks,and I still am a HUGE fan of that track. 18" grossers are awesome. The design change was so sudden that it took a lot of convincing for me to switch.
    So to make a long story even longer, there is the chain tracks with the 18" grossers,that got replaced with the pro series,that have 14" grossers, and the classic tracks are the economy track. Chain tracks are not being made, but you can find them used, and some good deals to.It really is an awesome track,and I have lots of cool video of them.

I think I have been convinced to buy the classic tracks with the track tuners.. my next question is whether or not Duro HF243 22x11-8 tires will fit in these tracks... Some of my runamucks wont hold pressure and sidewalls look chewed on a couple of them. I was hoping to use Duro tires.

I think I have been convinced to buy the classic tracks with the track tuners.. my next question is whether or not Duro HF243 22x11-8 tires will fit in these tracks... Some of my runamucks wont hold pressure and sidewalls look chewed on a couple of them. I was hoping to use Duro tires.
    Call Adair Argo sales and ask them about what tires will work with their tracks. I know in the past they have sent out a test piece to make sure the profiles would work together. They won't sell you something that won't work in your application, or at least will inform you of what concerns they have about the set up if any.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

the main thing is to measure your actual tire width. The profile of the track crosser is nowhere near a make-or-break factor with how the crossers are dependable "guides" on that style design. It is preferred to have the crosser flat on the bottom of where the tire rides as opposed to a big smiley-face. The guide-radius isn't as big of a deal although it can be made very tight and square if you know your tires are very square. But it has to fit width-wise...that's the biggie.
    If I was you, I would ask them to put a wider belts on. Use as much of your clearance inboard of your tires as you can (safely in regards to clearance) with a 2.5" spacer. Put wider belts on the outside to, as any extra beyond the crosser body will simply "fold up" if you need to squish between trees. Take advantage of belt width, you'll get better performance.

how are the crossers attached to the belt?....is it just a bolt screwed into plastic?
    I just bought a new trailer so that I would have extra width...I am now limited to 73.5 inches between the door frame
    Last edited by jjort; 02-15-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: add info

+ Reply to Thread