35HP Vanguard Mods?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 35HP Vanguard Mods?

This is my Harley golf cart, setup for the grass drags. 10:1 gears rollin' on 24" dia tires and runs about 45mph @ 6,500, enough torque to set it on its back with a 23hp

Same trans/clutch setup in the asphalt dragster, runs 80+ at 9K with 23" tires N 6:1 gears

WTF Nubs!
    Those cars are sick!!! Do you have any video links?

Thanks Tomo for the insight. I'll get back to you on the exact info.

I can't believe you can get these engines up to 9K! With the right mods of course.
    So your familiar with the TEAM CVT's I'll have to get back to you on the correct setup with what I have going on this buggy.

Oh and I have been searching on CL for 6x6's. I found a good deal on a Hustler with a 25HP engine. Im waiting for the guy to get back to me on what actual engine it has. Im planning on doing a full suspension build on it. I like the Springer kits but Im not sure what they go for as of Pricing and I don't think they have one for a Hustler. But my goal is to get familiar enough with the vanguard on this buggy so I can relay it over to modifying the engine on a 6x6.
    Last edited by Hollywoodc; 02-10-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Kinda boring but shows the tach pretty good, same chassis and 23hp engine but different cart. runnin' Team clutches

Golf Cart Racing - YouTube

This is My pulling tractor with a 23hp Vanguard, its runs 8,500 under full load

Creekside Dream 9-13-13 exhibition run 21/23 gear w 20% underdrive - YouTube

Last edited by Nubs; 02-11-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Thats WAY cool Nubs!

Super Cool Nubs!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I just get a hoot outta spankin' them boys with there Kohler engines for 1/2 the money. all are runnin' on 110 race gas, stock cranks and between 275 to 320lbs compression.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post

I just get a hoot outta spankin' them boys with there Kohler engines for 1/2 the money. all are runnin' on 110 race gas, stock cranks and between 275 to 320lbs compression.
    Man that is alot of compression, and 110 race gas ( WHAT A WONDERFUL SWEET SMELL!!!) I'm going to have to have a good talk with you one of these days, seems like you have all of the answers to all the "Motor-talk" questions I may have!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    Man that is alot of compression, and 110 race gas ( WHAT A WONDERFUL SWEET SMELL!!!) I'm going to have to have a good talk with you one of these days, seems like you have all of the answers to all the "Motor-talk" questions I may have!!

I'm still learnin' every day, some days are way more expensive than others i'll say that much

I always like talkin' motors

+ Reply to Thread