Kohler Magnum 18 - Governor Linkage?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kohler Magnum 18 - Governor Linkage?

Kohler Magnum 18 - Governor Linkage?

Can someone provide me with some info on this Governor linkage setup? I think I am missing some pieces. See picture.

The throttle cable comes from the grip on the steering lever and connects directly to one side of the governor linkage. The other side of the governor linkage connects to the carb throttle plate linkage. There is also a "return" spring on this side of the governor.

Playing around with it I don't see how the governor could control the throttle since the throttle cable is directly connected.

This is how it was setup when I got the machine.

How would I be able to tell if the governor was bypassed?

I have driven it around for a few days and ran it at wide open throttle and it didn't blow up. Now that I discovered the govenor maybe bypassed or not connected correctly I have been babying the machine.

Thanks for any input.
    -Tom

If I remember correctly you're missing a linkage. Cable goes to link then a spring to the governor. You can download the manuals free from the web, maybe on here. I'm assuming the linkage is the same as the 17hp.

Here you go, magnum repair and parts at bottom of page.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...e-manuals.html

Yup, thanks Rodp, looks like I am missing parts 16-19 or 20&21.
    Now to find a source for them.

Mountaingoat,your missing spring #8 and lever #20. hope this works (and It's ok to do) go to pg 48 of this link . It will show you the set up.
    http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinec.../tp_2204_b.pdf

Your throttle cable attaches to #20 "Speed Control Lever".

+ Reply to Thread