Hi Guys, First post on the forum.
I hope Im not shunned on this forum for not actually having a 6x6, but I came across the 6x6 world by researching mods for my 35 Vanguard on a Minibuggy project I've built. The only other guys running the big block engines are Mud boaters but they run different RPM's and setups which don't really apply to the same type of performance That Im going for.

Although, After doing the research and going through the Springer videos, I think I got the 6x6 bug and have been doing the Daily search on CL for possible 6x6 deals! I think a 6x6 would be a great budget build for my GF and her son. So after Im done with this Minibuggy project, I think I might tackle a 6x6.

But for now, I want to try and get this 35hp Vanguard to its peak performance with what I can afford for the meantime. So Im any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated and hopefully others may be able to take some of the info for their own use.

So here is what Im working with and what I have accomplished so far. I think Im almost there but I do have some questions to get me to the next level.

The buggy started off as a Chinese Joyner/Roketa 250cc chassis which already had a 35HP Vanguard with a Forward/Neutral/Reverse Transfer case. The Chassis had a crashed front end and Instead of replacing broken parts and still only having 6-8 inches of travel, I decided to go for a full Long travel conversion.

This is how it started.

This is what it ended up looking like. 15 inches of Travel front and back.

With the Stock engine, Max speed through the whoops was about 30-35MPH WOT. Does good through the dunes but have to drive strategically and cut it short while climbing the dunes because lack of power. I'd cut it halfway up while my buddies in their RZR's would fly by.