1977 6x6 engine swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1977 6x6 engine swap

1977 6x6 engine swap

I have a 1977 6x6 with a 16HP Tecumseh. I was thinking about upgrading the motor at some point so I have a little more power.
    What would be a good replacement motor that wont require a lot of modifications?
    I thought they made a 20 or 24 HP for the T base model.

Thanks

Not sure there's anything pre made out there but a little time and a piece of plate should get you where you want to go

Nubs, have you set your body around the frame to check for clearance issues? Lookin good by the way. is that a 23?

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Nubs, have you set your body around the frame to check for clearance issues? Lookin good by the way. is that a 23?
    No, still building up cash for parts, That is 20hp Honda right there, another M30 taper deal. used em' in Club Car utility vehicles,

i got the itch thats for sure..

Are they shorter than the vg's?

About the same, 3" shorter without the air box.

I am doing the same thing, could you tell me what clutch you are using, mine had the 440 2 stroke

Donverv, are you asking about a clutch that's tapered or non-tapered? The 2 strokes are tapered.

1977 argo 6x6 engine swap

hello, is a honda 2o hp v twin to big or heavy of an engine for a 1977 argo 6x6, will it still float ok or will the front sit very low in water. Thank you in advance

Not tapered

+ Reply to Thread