Escargo winter kit.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Escargo winter kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    very cool, thanks for showing how the proper technique goes a long way! I always appreciate video. Looking forward to more!
    Tomorrow.

Hey 2014, I am glad everything went well with the tranny change,and it really seems to work well with your new track setup!

Thanks for that great video. Holy crap is that thing wide. It was cool to see how you were able to pick another line to climb the drifted slope. The detailed pictures of the snow kit on the Escargo tracks was very informative for me. The pictures do a great job of showng how the outer belt is tied to the inner belt with angled aluminum and the relationship in height to the grousers and how far out everything is spaced off the tires. That is very good information.

Thanks again, Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

wow those tracks are way cool!

Great video....Wow.... is that a wide machine....My only question is how wide is to wide?????.....just the 2 tracks alone are 56" (almost 5 feet) wide plus the tub width...this would make the total width close to 8-9 feet wide??????...This is great for open country but getting around in close quarters could be a problem in my opinion.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Going through the bush.

Argo Escargo winter kit - YouTube

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

Quote Originally Posted by guyfox View Post
    Great video....Wow.... is that a wide machine....My only question is how wide is to wide?????.....just the 2 tracks alone are 56" (almost 5 feet) wide plus the tub width...this would make the total width close to 8-9 feet wide??????...This is great for open country but getting around in close quarters could be a problem in my opinion.
    Maybe 7', the machine is 5' wide and the tracks stick out maybe a foot on each side. I didn't measure it.

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

thanks for the video. The machine "sounds" nice too- turns the tracks very well. I didn't hear a lot engine laboring that's for sure. For what it's worth, I've never had a problem with width even when breaking trail. There's always a way through even with a winter kit. If the trees are stacked too tight, and they're too big to run over...then that's what chainsaws are made for. Cut a trail. I feel the same way about tops. It's convenient as hell to run around with no top, but having the top on does not limit you. You can always find a way. (I do like canvas tops). With your machine, a foot on either side of the machine is not a giant deal for the increased snow capabilities.

I'm not home tonight. Tomorrow i'll measure the over all width if i think of it. Tuesday early I'm up north to work again. I been thinking about a top too, My wife don't like the cold. Pioneer makes a sweet top. Maybe, Maybe not, I'll decide later.

https://www.pioneerrentals.ca/argo-cabs/

tops are very good. Personally, I use strictly soft-tops as they keep you just as cozy in the crap weather....they can be folded down quickly if you need the clearance, and they're very light. I never stack gear up high, so the idea of having a platform has never appealed to me. Though some guys like to sit up there to glass. I think there's always a way to get up higher than that if needed.

When you're going through the bush, a front-canvas cab (pickup truck style) is especially preferable as you can stay warm and dry....keep your cargo cool (tarped if need be), and you don't destroy your rear enclosure. When you start bashing through the bush, and your tail starts swinging...that's when you bust up your rear enclosure. I save the rear enclosure for when I'm taking the kids out and the weather's bad (6 of us can't fit in the front).

+ Reply to Thread