T20 sprockets

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T20 sprockets

Quote Originally Posted by phabib View Post
    Yes. The output shaft and sprocket combo runs $146/$183 depending on the side. The sprocket alone was about $30 per. The sprockets are just pressed on. They have an internal knurl that I guess cuts its way onto the shaft. You do need a press to get them on and off
    I have a few dumb(?) questions:
    1: Where are you seeing those prices? max6x6.com is asking $160 - $200 for the shaft/sprocket combo. It looks like the stand-alone sprockets are discontinued? Can I still buy them somewhere?
    2: If I buy the sprocket alone, do I still need to disassemble the T-20 to remove the worn sprocket and put on the new one?
    3: Which is the "right" or "left" side of the T-20? Looking at the back of my '94 MaxIV, the brake levers are facing away from me, and the belt/clutch are on the left side of the engine and transmission. The sprocket that needs to be replaced is on the right side. Which side is that, officially?

EDIT: For kicks, here's a photo (upside down for some reason) of my worn-out sprocket. I didn't realize it was even wearing down until it started popping and turning to the right. Crazy! (The sprocket on other side of the T20 looks fine, BTW.)
    Last edited by getwilde; 02-06-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Many Max2s have the #60 sprockets on the t20, I have both a tan and green Max2 set up that way. There should be a big selection out there. Ironically the Max4s I have had just had the #50 sprockets even when equipped with large engines.

I've replaced many sprockets without disassembling the T20. The t20-25 sprocket is discontinued now. So your only choice is to have wipper make some or replace the output shafts. The clutch side is the left side in a Max. If you find any sprockets you need to space them off the shoulder of the axle to get the proper dimentions. I've never seen a Max with #60 chain from the transmission that came from the factory.

at least it is the cheaper side to replace ( ouch )
    My sons torrey 6x6

Thanks for the responses. I'm pretty sure I'm running #50 chain.

A few years ago I completely disassembled/rebuilt my T20. I'd rather not do it again so soon if I can avoid it.

If I were to contact whipper, would he already have all the dimensions he needs to manufacture that sprocket? What kind of shop nearby would have a press? Metallurgy? Small engine repair? Auto shop? Could they do that work for me? What's a reasonable amount to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by getwilde View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I'm pretty sure I'm running #50 chain.

A few years ago I completely disassembled/rebuilt my T20. I'd rather not do it again so soon if I can avoid it.

...What kind of shop nearby might have a press? Metallurgy? Small engine repair? Auto shop? Could they do that work for me? ...
    Here are a few pictures of what I did to mount different gears on my Max IV T-20. I did have the T-20 apart though. I also did the same thing to the T-20 in my Attex with factory tracks. You would need a press, lathe and TIG welder. If there is a shop nearby you that can provide these services for you or you can do them yourself you should be good. Somewhere I posted a thread with the how to but I can not seem to find it.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread