Argo HD Bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Argo HD Bearings

Its a pice of cake. After you remove the battery and box and I removed the driven clutch and belt just to give me a little more room. That was the easy part. Braking my arms in a dozen spots and stretching them anther 6ix inches was what hurt the most. You need to do that to get at the bolts. Other then that, Its not to bad. Its one job you only want to do once. So that is a good reason to go HD right from the start. Then you do not have to worry about them.

One more thing , Been able to work upside-down Is a big bonus.

Thanks Old Tucker! Looking forward to that one! Was looking at removing the engine with the hoist... Did you remove the whole battery box and fuel tank?

Just off topic gents and I know Rock Doctor gave me some comprehensive advice last year (which I gratefully used in terms of tyre circumference etc.. and has certainly had a noticeable positive effect). Before anyone says track tuners- they are out of the question (at least for now) due to budget restraints with my firm.

Has anyone got any comments/experience of removing the rear chains on each side of their Argo? I operate using the Argo rubber track on an 8X8 Avenger.

My particular interest would be on its capability to go reverse upslopes.

Quote Originally Posted by bradders13 View Post
    Thanks Old Tucker! Looking forward to that one! Was looking at removing the engine with the hoist... Did you remove the whole battery box and fuel tank?
    No I did not take out the tank to replace the axles No need to But I did take out the battery box. Its only two bolts and makes for more room to work

Morning Bradders, where abouts are you in lancashire I am originally from chipping near Longridge. Nice to see another lancastrian around

+ Reply to Thread