"brand new" scrambler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "brand new" scrambler

"brand new" scrambler

hello everybody. i have just purchased a scrambler 1000 and am going to have to do an entire rebuild. everything is rusted or broken and the engine is a paper weight. this thing has probably been sitting outside since the early 80's. once i cut all of the drive chains that were rusted/seized the wheels turn. so i now have a rolling chassis.

where can i find replacement parts/motor. its gonna be a long haul to get this baby in tip top, but i am excited for the challenge. any info/advice would be greatly appreciated

-seth

Hi Seth, Congrats on your purchase. Here's a link to a cheap motor. DuroMax 16 Hp., 1'' Shaft, Recoil/Electric Start Engine - XP16HPE XP16HPE I bought one for my attex. Haven't got it in but I started it and it sounds good. Here are tires. Carlisle AT101 Chevron Tires 599044 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at PowerSports Place You may want to upgrade your axles to something beefier. I'd go with chromaloy. Mcmaster Carr carries it. If you post your location you may find someone from here near you. Good luck. Mike

Probably best post some photos to see how far you have to go fixing it.there are no parts other than from a donor vehicle. Alternately you can use an Argo or Max trans
    Acta non verba

Before you start spending money on it, pull out a pad and pencil to start adding up all the costs....My guess is that you will have way more into it than just buying a good working machine that is ready to ride. On the other hand, if you wanted a "custom" machine and the cost is not an issue: consider making a frame (or using an old MaxII frame) and throw in a t-20 trans, some good 1 1/4" axles, #50 (or 530) chain, 18+ hp 4 stroke motor, and you'll have a nice capable machine.

I am located in oakland, ca. Thanks for all the input. Pictures to come soon

Quote Originally Posted by rat scrambler View Post
    Ouch. We do have a few members in your state, but parts can be slim on the west coast for those machines.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by rat scrambler View Post
    If you ever get down to Pismo Beach look me up. I would love to meet another 6x6r

+ Reply to Thread