SUPER FAST Max II buggy....MUST SEE!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SUPER FAST Max II buggy....MUST SEE!

SUPER FAST Max II buggy....MUST SEE!

Here it is, the 1970's Max II buggy that my friend Brady and I bought two years ago. Take a look at this video. This thing is sooooooooo fast. It has a CDI 440 CCW twin in it and no other mods. Look closely and you will see the roost that it kicks up. Now the buggy is being converted into a modern Max II 16HP Briggs Vanguard powered machine with 22" Goodyear Rawhide III tires. I have some more videos of this machine on the street. It has reached speeds of over 45mph and it gets there very quickly!

That was awesome! I think I might be afraid of getting my legs caught in the meatgrinder...I mean the chains though

There was a little aluminum floor pan on there actually so it worked out well for safety. Although the lack of roll bar is a whole other story. Those chains believe it or not were only #40, not #50 like the new machines have and we never broke one.

Well, that would make me feel a little better. I had the top half of my body off replacing an axle seal one time and I drove it down into the pond like that to check for leaks. My foot slipped a little and I thought I was going to be a goner

Its a scary thats for sure, I almost caught a finger trying to pop a chain back on a sprocket once. There was this crazy old hick guy that my friend and I bought 3 old Max IIs from and he had a hand that was all chewed up and missing fingers. We called him "Tard Hand." He said to us, "Don't you boys be stickin your hands down in them chains when your driving these things now, ya hear?!" Probably a good idea, but anyone with some common sense wouldnt intentionally put their hands down there when the machine is driving along at 25mph.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Its a scary thats for sure, I almost caught a finger trying to pop a chain back on a sprocket once. There was this crazy old hick guy that my friend and I bought 3 old Max IIs from and he had a hand that was all chewed up and missing fingers. We called him "Tard Hand." He said to us, "Don't you boys be stickin your hands down in them chains when your driving these things now, ya hear?!" Probably a good idea, but anyone with some common sense wouldnt intentionally put their hands down there when the machine is driving along at 25mph.
    I'm laughing so hard right now. Good 'ole "Tard Hand". He should be the 6x6 World spokesman

If Im down through that part of rural PA again sometime I will stop and have a chat with tard hand and snap a couple pics of him waving for the forums.

That would be perfect. I am picturing that guy from Scary Movie (I think) that keeps putting his hand in the mashed potatoes.

Im likin' this forum already

That's funny.. I had my prairie bobcat out once and someone wanted to take his daugher out for a drive in it... I don't have any floor boards, so I had to say I wouldn't allow it.

Mind you it's only really dangerous if you come up against a sprocket... or your clothes get caught, or something gets jammed and locks up the drive at high speed... or... hmm, ok.. It's pretty dangerous overall.

:P

+ Reply to Thread