First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Very interesting stuff. Does this mean Doug may be an actual Lord of the swamp?
    Kieth, guess what the name of the muck is in my swamp.....houghton muck.......serious.... it's called that in my soil book.
    Maybe I really am lord of the swamp..... yippeeee!!!!........, just show me the money.LOL

You just knew it was going to happen didn't you .......................................Sir

It appears some of your ancestors were knighted and others MP's, Lords of the manor etc. To be in that circle they would have owned land, probably a lot of land and had some serious money. The chances of you finding you're the rightful heir to anything though is slim, there's some very devious folk in the upper echelons of Britain (that's how they get their money)
    Could be worth having a look around though, you never know what's been missed previously.

When did your family leave here and why, were they working in what was the colonies?

Nothing comes up with a John or Ralph, we could have the wrong family of course but this one ties into the tower and castle in Lancashire.

If you want to trace further let me know, I may have more luck over here.

Looks like Ralph,and his cousin John came here in 1635 as boys,might of had to leave, also sounds like the had a sponser,or someone with them,as they were "priveliged" Looks like they founded the township of Lancaster Mass.

Their father could very well been Sir Richard Hoghton,as stated in my book.
    Yes, please do, My dad was very exited about shakespeare, and the sir-loin, I just wonder how drunk a king has to be to do that! Must have been one darn good hunk a meat. Maybe thats why we have a bull on our coat of arms....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Kieth, guess what the name of the muck is in my swamp.....houghton muck.......serious.... it's called that in my soil book.
    Maybe I really am lord of the swamp..... yippeeee!!!!........, just show me the money.LOL
    I'm not sure having a name that means mud is a good thing, at least according to Wile E.

Maybe the Duke of Poison Sumac?

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Looking for interesting video to post, still have lots left.
    Last edited by foxvalley; 06-06-2014 at 08:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread