Wildlife you have seen from your Amphib ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildlife you have seen from your Amphib ?

Wildlife you have seen from your Amphib ?

Yesterday, 4/20/08 I asked the GF,(Michelle) if she wanted to go for a cruise in the BigFoot,,My son and I were going to do some video,,so we could post it on here,,She came along for the ride,,we taped some cool shots,,crossing the pond, into and out of the spillway, and so on,,,15 mins of tape,,,,My son was done taping he went inside,,michelle and I went out in the pond again with the BigFoot,,we see something make a good size wake,,,It was a Beaver,,in the pond we have been in and out of,,,we floated easy and slowly,,got about 18' from it before it slapped its tail and went underwater and swam over too some thick brush.

Well the tapes my son purchased were junk,,,,we did get some footage,,but it kept stopping during playback,,,fortunetly,,,,I some how tapped the Beaver on the Memory stick, instead of the tape( don't ask how,prob could'nt do again ) and I think we can get it posted here later today ! Floated up to a Beaver in a Pond ,,,,,,Only in an Amphib ,,,,,cant do that with an ATV ,,,HAA.,,,,Mark

Ok,,Here is the Beaver Video,,if this thing works,,sorry a bit choppy,,enjoy,,,
    Last edited by m350; 04-22-2008 at 06:10 AM.

M350,

I have done the same thing with my son. We rode behind a beaver for a couple minutes before the tail slap and he was gone. Another thing I've done was crossing a beaver pond at night I point my flood light on my roll bar down so I can see rocks and logs but I'm able to spot fish as I go. I think they might be attracted to the lights. Again that's pretty difficult to do in a 4 wheeler.

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

we have seen deer turkey and i think 2 sundays ago we saw a bear . i'm right shure that was what it was ..
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

A Bear,,,now were talking,,,dont see many of them,,although,,they are getting more common,,,and turkeys,,,almost see them everyday here in CT,,lol,,see flocks, gaggle's, hurds, lol, too many turkeys here.

Micmac,,that's a good idea,,adjustable lights on the rollbar,,at night in the pond, shining into the water,,see what we can see !,,,Mark

Hows this?

Last edited by fulleraviation; 04-21-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Aside from the usual Southern critters (gators, nutria rats, beaver, snakes, etc)....

We ran across some otters one time on Lake Sam Rayburn, did not even know we had those in Texas, they were at a distance and we watched them play through binoculars.

One time just me and Bo (my black lab), went to the salt marsh to duck hunt and came within 50 yards of a coyote, which is pretty unusual as they are skittish. And we drove through a group of wild cows with rather long horns that had that crazy look in their eyes. What makes these cows unusual is that quite a few of them have been living wild in the marsh since the cowboy days.....

I've seen White-tail deer, foxes, phesants, turkey, coyotes, bald eagles, hawks, owls, mink, possums, raccoons, turkey vultures. In the ponds, at night, several large-mouth bass, pike & catfish are attracted to the lights. I use a nice quite minkota trolling motor & turn off the Argo engine. I see beaver & muskrat more often & closer without the engine running.

Lots of different birds , porky pines, Deer, otters

I saw a neat looking Red fox, beavers, moose, bear etc.
    The Land I own is part of a protected bird sanctuary so I see all kinds of different types of birds. Partridges, grouse, wild turkeys loons,owls, cardinals, blue jays, ducks, geese and allot more far too many to mention.
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

mooose bear coolllllllllllllllllll i would love to see a moose robbie .one in the cross hairs would be nice toooooooo
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I saw a moose last fall while riding my Frontier, does this count?

+ Reply to Thread