Wildlife you have seen from your Amphib ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildlife you have seen from your Amphib ?

I will try to get pictures this summer

Now that I have a decent digital Camera I will try to get all the pictures I can this summer but the Deer and Moose can take off faster then I could pull out my camera.

I am trying to find the pictures I have of a blue haring, I think it is a Blue haring . It is Really Really big ! My nephews and nieces call it a pterodactyl
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    I saw a moose last fall while riding my Frontier, does this count?

SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT nice kill .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I will be seing one of those up close and personal this fall, and hopefully a black bear and/or grizzly bear in a few weeks!! That was over 1/2 the reason I bought my Argo. The other 1/2 was to get in and out of my cabin! The 4 wheelers and snow machines are nice, but not during breakup!!! and not if I want to cross the lake and river!

Quote Originally Posted by Robio_8x8 View Post
    Now that I have a decent digital Camera I will try to get all the pictures I can this summer but the Deer and Moose can take off faster then I could pull out my camera.

I am trying to find the pictures I have of a blue haring, I think it is a Blue haring . It is Really Really big ! My nephews and nieces call it a pterodactyl

Blue Heron....we get herons down here too...the really spectacular sight here in Texas is to have a hundred or so pelicans come down in formation and land on the water. They also feed in a cool formation........

Gotta watch out for those Blue Heron's(prob most fishing birds),,,several times,,,the Dirty Bird has taken flight from the Pond,,,flying over the House and taken a Big Ole Dump,,hit the Roof,,one time even the window,,,lol,,,and it ain't No little sparrow dump either !

Smile Moose in an Argo pic. or Argo in a Moose pic.

Nope ,sorry Steve,it only counts if you wrestled it to death with your bare hands. Nice pic. though, bet Argo might put it on their calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by m350 View Post
    Gotta watch out for those Blue Heron's(prob most fishing birds),,,several times,,,the Dirty Bird has taken flight from the Pond,,,flying over the House and taken a Big Ole Dump,,hit the Roof,,one time even the window,,,lol,,,and it ain't No little sparrow dump either !
    This past hunting season my duck lease was right next to this enormous snow goose roost, I don't really know how to estimate how many there were, but in the mornings I would roll the windows down when I drove by the field and the sound of the geese would be deafening....anyhoo, it was kinda cool because you could tell where their flight path was because all of the goose poop would be all over the trees and ground and would glow iridescent green in the Hustler headlights.......

Wildlife I have seen before my argo

Well, so far I have not had my argo long enough to have seen much other than that glacier. I will make up for it this year though. I do have an extensive collection of wildlife images that I have taken in the short year and a half since my arrival though and I was asked in another thread to post some more Alaska images. Well, here goes.

I arrived in Alaska right at the tail end of the Moose rut. These were the some of the first critters I found back in Oct of '06

Then the following spring brought all the salmon, and when there is salmon there are always bears. Both Black and Grizzlies/Brown bears. This guy did not like me invading his fishing grounds I think!

I tried doing some underwater photography for the first time last summer as well. It was pretty amazing and opened up a whole new world!
    and
    and

And finally, one of my favorite subjects up here has definitely been the Bald Eagles. I have more pictures of them than any other critter in Alaska!

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

damn cory some fine cretters you have there . verry nice to have a back yard full of animals like that . wish they were here . all we get to see are deer black bear and w turkry .. not the kind you drink . robbie.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Wow Cory,,those are some great pics,, You have the Ultimate area for seeing wildlife,,you almost always should have a camera with you when in your ARGO,,but seeing some of those critter's that close,,I would also carry some type of firearm,,Just in case,,Hmm S&W 357,,,or short and snoty 30/30,,30/06,,12 Gauge,,,,something !,,,,Mark

+ Reply to Thread