Max IV gearing question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV gearing question

Max IV gearing question

I was just looking at pictures of Hydromike's RIM, which is the same as a Max IV, and I was wondering if any of you out there with these kind of machines have switches tires around. For example 21" to 22" or 26" tires. Wouldnt putting a taller tire change your gearing around. You will probably have less low end, and more top end speed by doing this. Has anyone noticed anything like this? Im going to do an experiment when I get my Hustler BIGFOOT going and throw some 21" or 22" tires on there and see what it does compared to my stock 26" ones. I dont think that RI changes the sprockets around in the different Max IV models. I was just curious about this, so if anyone has any info please post it up.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

jeff when I put the 24" fronteir tires on my max iv I lost a good amount of top speed but gained low end

You had the 26" Goodyears on there from the factory, right?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

yes

can you tell me if you are happy with the off road performance

Hey can you tell me if you are happy with the off road performance of those 24" tires. I have heard they ride well but they just don't look aggressive enough to do the job under many conditions. I would be affaid of the loss of ground clearance would affect my off road ability. THX DAN

I cant speak for those guys that are running them but they sure look like pretty durable tires. I saw them Hey_Dan78's machine and they are pretty tough/thick rubber. The treads are not thin like the Goodyear Runamucks or the Nankang Chevrons. They sure did well in the water when we were up at Canal Fest.

+ Reply to Thread