Low oil pressure on 18hp Briggs Vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low oil pressure on 18hp Briggs Vanguard

Low oil pressure on 18hp Briggs Vanguard

Hello everyone, I wonder. If someone on the site can tell me if the 18hp Vanguard I have in my MaxIV comes standard with the low oil shutdown or are they a engine extra that you have to install?. Also can a after market oil pressure gauge be installed on the same motor?.
    Thanks everyone.
    Jerry

You can install a gauge just by removing the plug er' senser on the oil filter adapter and going from there.

Thats what I did on both my machines.

Thanks guys for the info,and I have one more question for you, and that is does the 18 hp vanguard engine come with a low oil shut down and if it does can I have both low oil shut Down and a oil pressure gauge on the engine at the same time?.
    Thanks again;
    Jerry

Not all Vanguards had the shut down, if You have the fuel cut off solenoid on the carb it can be wired in if it does not. Yes You can run the sensor and the gauge together.

+ Reply to Thread