"tilting" tub, fixable?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "tilting" tub, fixable?

"tilting" tub, fixable?

I recently picked up a tracked 2007 maxiv. Its my first one and other than minor things i've had to repair, there is one glaring problem. When looking at the max from the front, it leans downward in the front on the drivers side. Just that corner. Is this fixable? If so, what process do i need to follow to fix it? If not, how much is a tub and where would i find one?

You have a few options depending on how bad the sag/bend is. You can put some wood under the lip around that corner and use a jack to raise it off the ground a little. If it's not real bad, you can do that outside in the sun on a hot day and leave it like that overnight and it may work itself out. Otherwise, use a small propane torch to heat the area up. Then do the same thing by jacking that corner up in the air. Just make sure you let it cool overnight, otherwise, it will go back to where it was.

Torch or a heat gun. If you cant get it perfect I wouldnt worry about it long as it dont leak. A new tub will probably be pricey

+ Reply to Thread