530 O ring half link

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 530 O ring half link

530 O ring half link

Does any one out there have two 530 O ring half links? I need them to get my chains back on my t-20 with a 12 tooth sproket. If I can't find some 1/2 links I will have to go to a # 50 industrail chain with a half link. Help Please?!!!THX I have found half links all the way to 430 but no 530 o ring!

I don't think anyone makes the half link in 530. You don't have enough adjustment to be able to compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Does any one out there have two 530 O ring half links? I need them to get my chains back on my t-20 with a 12 tooth sproket. If I can't find some 1/2 links I will have to go to a # 50 industrail chain with a half link. Help Please?!!!THX I have found half links all the way to 430 but no 530 o ring!
    dan get you a piece of 530 chain and cut you a link out . that is what i did to my max II . now i keep a peice of chain with me in it . robbie ..
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Quote Originally Posted by jerrynuss View Post
    I don't think anyone makes the half link in 530. You don't have enough adjustment to be able to compensate?
    Stock chain length-adjustment sproket is into the drive sproket, one link out (really two) 1/8th inch to short. It should be noted that i moved from a 16 tooth sproket to a 12 tooth sproket on the t-20. There are 530 half links out there they are just not being made anymore. A # 50 industrial chain is my other option! WHHEEWWWWWWW!!! I have the adjusters all the way out, and have tried the vice grip, walking the chain, ties, etc. etc.-Got to have a 530 half link. Some one must have one in their tool box!
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-23-2008 at 06:47 PM.

See if this will work.

Bulk Chain Half Link (1 Pitch) 530

#50 would not be bad if you are just doing the short pieces from the T-20 down and not having to restring the whole machine and waste good 530.

Try that link I sent and see if they have any in stock.

That Will Do

Quote Originally Posted by jerrynuss View Post
    See if this will work.

That will do the trick. I have already ordered it! It's not an o ring but at least it's the right size. Once the chain strecthes a little I will take it off. I can't believe you found that!Thanks for the help Jerry!
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-23-2008 at 07:03 PM.

On my Max IV , there are 2 sets of holes to mount the chain adjuster/idler sprocket. You can move the adjuster to the other holes to get some more adjuster travel.

adjuster

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    On my Max IV , there are 2 sets of holes to mount the chain adjuster/idler sprocket. You can move the adjuster to the other holes to get some more adjuster travel.
    I already tried that Lance. My problem is I have gone from a 16 tooth to a 12 tooth sprocket. With the stock chain there is so much slack that adjusting it puts the sprocket into the rear drive sprocket. To use a master link you have to take off a small (narrow) and a large (wide) link. When I do this the chain is about 1/8" to short! A half link is a wide going into a small and will add 1/2" to the chain and let me use a regular master link. (instant fix) Run the machine 3 or four hours, get some slack in the chains and the half link can come out. I have already tried everything else and tried every trick to take up the slack. Check out the link and you will see what a half link is and why it is the fix for my problem. THX DAN

This link will only add a 1/2" to my chain.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-25-2008 at 02:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread