$10 Speedo for 6X6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $10 Speedo for 6X6

$10 Speedo for 6X6

I had read about using a bicycle speedometer in an older Jeep and thought I would try it in my Attex. I purchased a Schwinn 12 function bike speedo at Wal Mart for $10. I mounted the magnet to my front axle and the pick up to one of the frame members. Ran the wire up my right stick and mounted the speedo holder just below my throttle trigger. The instructions with the speedo tell you how to set up the speedo for just about any size tire based on the distance the tire rolls with one revolution. It works great. Not only do you get a speedo that holds your max speed but its also an odometer, hour meter, and a clock. All for $10 and a little time mounting it.
    Mike
    Attached Images

I had thought about something like that. Now we can all brag about how fast we can go (or think we are going)

I just want to break the school zone limit, and not the 15 mph zone, either.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Roger so far my max speed is 32.5 and it seemed scary fast to me. I think the old Attex would just keep going faster, I just ran out of room in my yard, and my brain said slow down. I know Whippers springer has been GPS clocked at 60+. I just cant' imagine going that fast.
    Mike

A $10 Speedo is sure a lot cheaper than a GPS. And 32.5 mph is plenty of speed to get an Air Bud shot, so get your camera ready & your butt in gear, Mike.

And Roger, Bridget wants you to know that she loves your "I do all my own stunts". She first saw it a few days ago & couldn't stop laughing.

Whipper

Hey cj-ate
    That is a great idea. Is it water resistant? I mean is it ok if it gets rained on? You have any pictures of it mounted?

Roger,
    That stunt thing is pretty funny, lol.

Larry

Larry I'm not sure if this very inexpensive speedo is water proof, but I assume it would be water resistant (bicycles are outside in the weather) I have seen some advertised that they actually put in a glass of water. I just wanted to give it a try with a cheap one. They also make wireless speedos for bikes but I'm afraid most of our engines might play havoc with the wireless signal. The other nice thing about the bike speedo is it slides off of the mount so if you were sure it was going to get real wet you could just remove it and put it in your pocket. The picture in my first post is very small I'll post a bigger one in my gallery.
    Mike

The stunt pic is from a shirt Matt Oxender was wearing at a Badlands ride, maybe he can get more?
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

That looks like the speedometer I got for my girlfriend's mountain bike but I lost the manual and don't remember how to clear the info from the last ride or how to set it up. Could you post some pics of the instructions too

Hi Roger,
    When I saw that stunt photos I was thinking to myself that looks like my shirt??? I wonder if he lifted it from a video??? As I read all of the posts I was right!!! That is funny. I am not sure were Wendy got that shirt for me. She told me it was me to the T. I will wear it when I get my air bud shot!!!
    Matt

I've got one of those shirts too. My kid got it for me after i seen one of her friends wearing one.

+ Reply to Thread