conquest with hybrid track

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: conquest with hybrid track

conquest with hybrid track

here's an interesting combo that I was able to fit onto my conquest. 2.5" spacers and tuners. 12" mudd-ox wheel, 12" wide tire.
    Attached Images

hey buzz, those look really strong and agressive. like the color too.probably tackle any terrain with ease. hope to take a video tomorrow as promised off my half tracked max. modified the tub today with heat gun, worked great. no rubbing and they ride really smooth. johnboy va.

I think that looks awesome with that setup....Would even look good without the tracks....
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    here's an interesting combo that I was able to fit onto my conquest. 2.5" spacers and tuners. 12" mudd-ox wheel, 12" wide tire.
    Now that's some big grousers, should really add some tractive force to surmounting any obstacle.

The 12 inch wide tire will give a nice wide surface for the tracks to sit on. Great combo Buzz. Job well done

They look like they were designed for that machine vs your OX. Very interested to see how they perform. Hey were did all the snow go!?!?. I thought Alaska was covered in snow all the time and you guys wore snorkel jackets 24/7. I have been to your beautiful state on 7 silver salmon "expeditions" and was always shocked to hear people in my neck of the woods think just that when I started to tell them were I was going.

Well, it was a lot of fun getting this one sized up. You know smaller diameter, wider tires are hard to find, but these ones fit (I had them from the dual-track test), and they're very square so the track doesn't seem to move side to side much at all on the conquest. Most all the snow is gone so it's time to play in the mud and swamps. I look forward to getting some more video with a handful of other machines. Should be soon- you can hold me to that. I know video is what everyone wants to see.

Hey did I miss the video ???

here's a short one just goofing around, but those grousers are in the process of being modified...back to the more rounded profile of the escargo (very narrow contact patch for easiest skid turning). I wasn't very happy at all with how the edges dug into the ground when turning on soft, uneven terrain. Even though the belt was elevated, the grousers themselves still really dug in. Removing the traction cleats from the outer half, and even replacing the outer bolts with shorter ones...and countersinking them, didn't help as much as I had hoped. The contact patch and profile shape of the grouser seems to be pretty important. I was curious to see how the would swim (okay) but was not impressed and really didn't care for the turning (compared to what I'm used to).
    I really like the way the escargo-shaped hybrid track drives on the conquest. There are a few videos on my channel if you're curious.
    Here's one of the purple track and 12" wheels/24" tires
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeyJytNfwQ
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-15-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Hey buzz. Who makes the hybrid tracks. Are those the uhmw tracks from beaver dam argo?

+ Reply to Thread