27hp kohler question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 27hp kohler question

Put the machine in neutral and rev the motor. Watch the clutches to make sure they are both engaging.

Yes clutches working great, clutch side of engine is pulling down hard when I rev it up, gonna take spacer out in a bit. Norm..

I took out 1/2" spacer and tried again, engine revs up nice and sounds wide open in neutral, took off and it feels like the 18hp briggs, mabe less power but a lot more than first time. So I went back in shop, put in neutral,revved wide open, engine clutch prefect, trans clutch 1/2 way down. I just cut and punched some new 1/4" spacer plates, I'll put those in and try again tom. It sounds good but really doesn't seem to have much power... Norm...

Well, I worked on the max4 all day and now that it's all properly adjusted I have to say that it feels like a new machine. It took a while to get the belt spacing and allignment correct. I installed a suspension seat (unbelievable difference). I also installed a tiny tach. I have it set at about 1000 rpm and throttle response is perfect but, it only revs to about 3650 max rpm and the plugs look really white(lean). Any suggestions? Shouldn't it be reving over 4000 rpm?Oh yea, Fred, I put the fuel pump on the other side of the engine so the cover will fit like you said.... The trucks left today to there new owner, I'm glad your son got to ride before they left he seemed to enjoy it..by the way, it looked like a race track around my shop the next morning. Hope he kept the neighbors up. Lol. Norm...
    Attached Images

The gov. is adjustable, I've adjusted mine with the small bolt that pushes the throttle rod (7mm headed bolt with a stop nut). Adjust about 4200 unloaded and should wake it right up and pull like an Ox , you make have to slack the cable after adjustment so it will idle down.

Thanks Jim, I'll give it a shot today, any way to richin it up a bit? Plugs burnin really white.... Norm...

We'll I got the gov now set at 4200 unloaded(like you said Jim) it has made an unbelievable difference, now it feels like I was hoping it would, it really feels MUCH better than the old 18 vanguard. I also got the winch installed tonight, finally.. I can't wait to really take it out and se what it can do.. Thanks everyone.... Norm...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Normable1973 View Post
    We'll I got the gov now set at 4200 unloaded(like you said Jim) it has made an unbelievable difference, now it feels like I was hoping it would, it really feels MUCH better than the old 18 vanguard. I also got the winch installed tonight, finally.. I can't wait to really take it out and se what it can do.. Thanks everyone.... Norm...
    Looking good Norm, I told you that the little bolt would help you out, lol!! Im glad that you finally got that winch on also.
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

We'll just got in 5am, all loaded up, Got mud flaps made, exhaust refitted for kohler & max4 engine cover. Everything seems to fit well. I think I'm gonna meet Fred at big nasty at 9 only 4 hrs away.... Want to get the max out there and see what I can break next....
    Attached Images

Lookin good Norm, doesn't even look like the same machine.

+ Reply to Thread