johnboys half tracks max video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: johnboys half tracks max video

Looks like you have a winner there Johnboy, your tracks shed mud, ride smooth and get great traction in the mud! Congratulations on an innovative design.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Great piece of work there.......nice job John.

what a great group of fellow aatv friends i have. looking forward to riding together again. everyone is so supporting and encouraging of one another !! that's what it's all about. and sharing on the forum is the next best thing to riding together. thanks, johnboy va.

Way to go John! Tracks look great and thanks for sharing the video, you did just fine!.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

john ,you look like a kid in the candy shop, lol, great job on the redesign, they work great, nice place you got there also, hope to be at busco in oct to ride again, I found a couple of places to ride within 2/3 hrs from the house , checked out one already going to check the other in a few weeks , hoping to make it to ohio also for the races and trail ride

I'm not being a jerk but I thought you just had this machine fully tracked at Busco, what is the advantage of this half track set up? I like the home made tracks you made.

Alright, I vote for the Swenson Homestead as a cross-country AATV race site. You've got it all John; hills, swamp, lots of open fields... tons of potential!

Oh.. nice tracks.

trevor buddy, i did have the full tracks at busco.i'm running 22'' tires so there was'nt much clearance at the front wheel. also i had only the outside angle and belt on. lost one track due to the rear wheel coming off, then lost the other track in a deep mud hole. thank to lewis, we winched it off the machine. when i got home and started to try again, i thought i would do the halftrack first and test them. the max seems to turn easier and i have the clearance i need with just the back 2 wheels. seems simpler at least for my homebuilt design. for my needs atleast now i think they are fun. will put them to the test at busco in oct. someone said you get maybe 80% more traction with just halftracks. maybe someday i will buy a full set. these only cost me about $150 apiece in materials. hydromike, you set it up and we'll go for it !!!! thanks, johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hydromike, you set it up and we'll go for it !!!! thanks, johnboy va.

I'm picturing something like this... how's your septic system?

+ Reply to Thread