tubes in tires ..........

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: tubes in tires ..........

If the tires are still in good shape don't use tubes. I have a few tubes in the some of my worse 22" goodyear rawhide III tires. The only way to do it is to glue the tires to the rims on both inner and outer bead and putting in a coat of lube between tire and tube. Otherwise don't it will just rip out the valve stems the first time the tire spins on the rim. If you have a slight leak slime does a good job, just add some anti-freeze to it and don't skimp.. load that sucker up with slim.

Dan67 make a really good point here. Slime has been known to freeze. I do not know what temp it does so at, but this winter was brutal and I'm pretty sure it would have been lumps in anyone's tires. Anti-freeze is a good idea or, look for rockdoctor's recipe for tire sealant. It involves a number of ingredients such as latex, antifreeze, glitter, and maybe even slime. The only part I am actually sure of is the glitter. I don't think the color of it matters, but it may make it more festive when you do have to take the tires back off the rim.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by mike d View Post
    If u need new tires and don't want to spend the big bucks argo wants u could check these out. Probably the cheapest out theree right now. Carlisle AT101 Chevron Tires 599044 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at PowerSports Place
    The Avenger will use a 25" tire with a 9" rim....those are 21x11-8

Slime is water based and will corrode the rims over time. Antifreeze will help protect your rims.......always mix it with the slime.

Hi! I live in Alaska. 6 Roblees (Alaska company) sells. " Artic" pink slime.... Good stuff . Also, rock doctor has a recipe for him made slime.... Check with him.
    Alaska floating atvs group on face book. Fixing help and trail rides!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alaska.AATVs/

85ish Argo 8x8 geo metro engine, hdi axles and 3 bearings per axle.

78 ford bronco... 460 lockers.... "Alaskan tow vehicle"

ATV = Alaska Terain Vehicle

HI,
    When tubes r installed water can get into the tire/rim area via the stem .Mainly only happens if the hole is a lot larger or if u do not keep an eye on tire pressures so that it forces itself to seal . If water does enter typically it will only be the smallest amount . This is enough for the rims to corrode out . Next time u remove the tire u will find the rim and or bead area will be eaten away = new rim .

tomo

look into tire balls lost the website in my favorites. Don't know the cost but would give the bullet proof aspect you are looking for.

I have 20x11x8 tires on my max ii. Do I gotta buy rims to go with the carlisle 20x10x8 tires?

No Dano, you'll be OK with the same rims. Why are you running such small tires on your Max? Are you running tracks?

I have made up my mind on either escargo, adair, UHMW tracks. I'm gonna go with the UHMWon my max ii which the guys at beaver dam Argo make and install and they recommend the 20x10x8 tire for clearance my only option with that tire is the carlisle super lug which some members say ride rough. But I don't think it's gonna matter so much being I'm running tracks. I been doing a lot of thinking on this and trying to ask questions but with minimal response. I don't think a lot of guys have the escargo tracks on a max and I talked to a guy with the uhmw tracks and he has a hard time getting it stuck and says they are super tough. I also thought about the adair but have heard some negative feedback when it comes to a max ii mostly the setup and that they could fall off easier than the escargo or the uhmw tracks. The cost is only a few hundred dollar difference and I'm 4 hours away for them to take the machine and install them right!
    Last edited by Dano1877; 07-09-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word

+ Reply to Thread