Site Changes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Site Changes

Site Changes

Over the next several months we will be testing out some changes/additions to the website from both a software standpoint as well as a structure standpoint. In an effort to move the site forward, I will be implementing some additional sections to engage manufacturers (and eventually dealers) while still keeping the site dedicated to the hobbyist. This is something I have struggled with since the site's inception and I think it's time to try integrating both the hobby world and the commercial world again, this time with a little more structure.

What does this mean for members? The intent is to create a closer/direct connection to manufacturers. I want members to hear news of new products when they are just coming to market, be able to give direct feedback on what you would like to see, and ask questions openly and directly while having manufacturers respond directly.

What I don't intend for this to be is a place for dealers or manufacturers to push products on the members. There will be certain sections of the site set aside for advertising but the remainder of the site will stay as it is today. This way, if you are interested in seeing what products they have for sale, you can visit those forums/threads and if not, you aren't forced to.

There will be some growing pains during this transition so I ask that you keep an open mind, bear with me and hopefully this will create a much more open atmosphere on the forum where manufacturers don't feel as restricted by the site rules and can openly comment.

Just a note to any manufacturers / dealers reading this. This is something I have talked about for quite a while and have spoken with several of you about over the past couple of years. As a manufacturer, you will pay for a manufacturer's subscription to the site which will give you privileges for posting in the restricted areas of the site. You can comment freely on the boards in response to questions as you choose and you can advertise products in a new forum dedicated to that. I am still ironing out the details but will post more in the next couple of months. If I haven't spoken with you and you are interested in advertising on the site or, if it's just been a while since we have spoken, feel free to PM me directly to let me know you are interested. I can then contact you directly as the changes are closer to being implemented on the site.

This sounds like it could be a very positive change for the site. Let's hope everything stays civil and we can keep the "my Ford is better than your Chevy and Dodge" type posts from the manufacturers to a minimal.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

This sounds great Mike! I can't wait to share some insider special projects with the members.

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

I like it!!!

Mike, I really respect the way you put the experience of the hobbyist ahead of the money the site could be making you by selling our eyeballs to anyone who can pay the price. I'm sure that those same priorities will drive whatever changes you make in the future so I'm not at all worried about things changing for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    This sounds like it could be a very positive change for the site. Let's hope everything stays civil and we can keep the "my Ford is better than your Chevy and Dodge" type posts from the manufacturers to a minimal.
    my dodge is better than your whatever

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    my dodge is better than your whatever
    Not unless you put a t-20 in that dodge.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

if you look real close theirs a t-20
    Attached Images

sounds like a good idea Mike, the chance to hear first hand about upgrades or improvements to our older machines would sure be welcome.

+ Reply to Thread