Over the next several months we will be testing out some changes/additions to the website from both a software standpoint as well as a structure standpoint. In an effort to move the site forward, I will be implementing some additional sections to engage manufacturers (and eventually dealers) while still keeping the site dedicated to the hobbyist. This is something I have struggled with since the site's inception and I think it's time to try integrating both the hobby world and the commercial world again, this time with a little more structure.

What does this mean for members? The intent is to create a closer/direct connection to manufacturers. I want members to hear news of new products when they are just coming to market, be able to give direct feedback on what you would like to see, and ask questions openly and directly while having manufacturers respond directly.

What I don't intend for this to be is a place for dealers or manufacturers to push products on the members. There will be certain sections of the site set aside for advertising but the remainder of the site will stay as it is today. This way, if you are interested in seeing what products they have for sale, you can visit those forums/threads and if not, you aren't forced to.

There will be some growing pains during this transition so I ask that you keep an open mind, bear with me and hopefully this will create a much more open atmosphere on the forum where manufacturers don't feel as restricted by the site rules and can openly comment.