!!!!! 10 years !!!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: !!!!! 10 years !!!!

!!!!! 10 years !!!!

Talking with Hydromike last weekend had me thinking of my first group ATV ride.
    Copper Ridge 2004.
    This was my first experience riding with a group. Jill and I made the trip with a tent, a 500 Superchief and a 400 Chief. We met so many new people that trip and it was a wonderful experience. I am happy to say I'm still blown away with how friendly and helpful the 6x6 community has been for these last 10 years.

Thanks to all of you I met so many years ago and thanks to all the new people that I meet each ride I attend.

you going to make busco this oct

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    Copper Ridge 2004.
    This was my first experience riding with a group. Jill and I made the trip with a tent, a 500 Superchief and a 400 Chief. We met so many new people that trip and it was a wonderful experience. I am happy to say I'm still blown away with how friendly and helpful the 6x6 community has been for these last 10 years.

Thanks to all of you I met so many years ago and thanks to all the new people that I meet each ride I attend.
    Hi Lance,
    I remember that ride well. What a good time. If memory serves me correctly you or Jill won a dice run prize or a 50/50 drawing?

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Nice when you can look back on life and be happy with it, makes you realise just how fortunate you've been.

The downside is .......................you're ten years older

This is nice. Ten years worth of aatv riding with other people.
    I've had one official aatv ride with another, my Avenger and his Conquest. His attitude and drugs ruined for me. We've since parted ways with that guy. Now we ride with quad riders... Not many aatvs in our town.
    I enjoy the Busco vids. It would be nice to attend someday.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

If only the guy from Buffalo could keep his kids from crashing into your trailer! It was nice to meet you and your family also Lance.

Copper Ridge 2004.

Great to hear you've been around since 04 10 years go by fast,remember first actually meeting you at Ledges when you first got the Conquest, I thought it was longer and we had met at Humphrey in 01 with your 4 which had lost a bead but that must have been someone else with a like machine.
    The family orientation of the 6x6's has kept me around since 76 and I'm sure most of the long timers. I've been around a lot of rides for years and see a lot of faces and meet people I may forget I met, such as George who has been at many rides we were at since 01 but never actually met ( shook hands and said hello,that I remember) because I was always at the back of the line until a year or 2 ago when I finally stopped playing donkey and mingled more through out the rides.

To reference a post down lower, drugs have always been a nono and all amphibious clubs we belonged 2 had zero tolerance due to the children. Although they have been seen at various large outings/rides by new comers over the years.

Yes, Jill won the dice run our first ride! I think she won $100
    We were at the back of the pack for our first rides at Copper Ridge. The old 2 strokes didn't like going that slow!
    It is nice to go to a ride these days like Busco or Ashtabula and know at least a dozen or so people that I've ridden with in the past. The family really enjoys the rides and the races, but there's something to be said for leaving them home for a weekend and going solo We used to fit the whole family in the Max IV, but we've been taking 2 machines on the family rides. Eventually, we'll bring more as they get more independent!

2007 Ledges

2014 Ashtabula
    Last edited by liflod; 06-30-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Talking with Hydromike last weekend had me thinking of my first group ATV ride. Copper Ridge 2004.

Here you go buddy. I've got a few shots of that weekend, mostly the big groups of Attex weirdos.

You have a great family, Lance. It's always good to see you guys. I think you and I may go back even before the '04 Copper Ridge ride where the wheels on your Chief kept popping off. I came up to your place to pick up an engine- not sure if it was before or after CR, but it seems as it was a long time ago now. (That NOS G50B is now in a green Superchief in the Mudd-Ox museum- I knew I'd use it someday).

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread