Transmission Fluid?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission Fluid?

Transmission Fluid?

I have a 1996 max iv, I'm about to attempt to change the transmission fluid and need to know what kind of transmission fluid to put back in. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Type f automatic transmission fluid. With one bottle of friction modifier from matt o at muddox-optional
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

After a search which confused me I discovered plenty of recipes for T-20 trans fluids recommended.
    I bought ATF Type FA and a tube of Equa-Torque additive. NAPA number SL2411.
    Remove all old fluid. Insert 28 ounces of Type FA mixed with 4 ounces of Equa-Torque for a total of 32 ounces. Your good to go.
    I'm sure others will recommend their favorite fluid recipe.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread