1976 SC 500 Value

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1976 SC 500 Value

Question 1976 SC 500 Value

I am looking at what the value of a 1976 Attex SC would currently be looking to maybe sell or trade one. Everything works except one head stripped and needs to either have either time serts or helicoil installed I am told time serts get better grip and out last helicoils. The Engine is the original 500cc it was running had new pistons and rings when it was bought but past owner stripped head bolts and head pooped off rather quick trans is the T20 works fine no cracks in body one circle nickle size hole in back of tub the fool put in for water drain which a plug will solve has a has a bilge water pump that works fine needs one tire replaced holds air but sidewall damage. So just wondering what the value of this Attex may be I know this is a more rare and sought after model and these things only increase in their value.
    Last edited by awisewon; 07-15-2014 at 04:52 PM.

The Superchiefs are sought after, but by no means rare. There have been several good examples of Superchiefs (both green and yellow/orange models) that have come up for sale over the last few years with really, REALLY nice units bringing anywhere between $2000-$3500 depending on who's getting to them first. I think when the critics (lumping myself into this pool) come out of the woodwork, we want six good quality tires, a transmission that's of known-quality (not something that just "works"), a good running G50B, tight bearings, chain, axles, and a rockin' bod. The engine cover and seat should be quite nice, and at THAT point, you might be looking at something between $1700 and $2000. Recently, there are brand new upper and lower bodies coming to the light of day, and beat-up units are replaceable to a point. The value is all subjective, and I think that every person is going to look at that value differently. A lot of folks are going to yank the G50B and put in a 4-stroke as a first step. Post some detailed pictures of your machine and I think folks will be happy to chime in...

I think Mike is right on, pristine turn key machines with good original decals are very sought after and will bring the most, the rest are all over and can be bought at least as low as 500.00 (what I paid for mine).

Thanks HydroMike I sort of figured it right close to $2000.00 as is and top maybe the $3500.00 with it running. I understand many folks do pop out the original 2 strokes and replace with 4 strokes which I know then parts are cheaper easy to get. It does kind of baffle me that they would trash the original engines it would seem they'd be worth more all original like cars would be. This is the orange body Attex in great shape except stickers which I understand can be bought from Richards Relics. I have not decided to sell yet or not I do have some one asking and just wanted to be fair if I decided to sell and not rip myself or them off. I have $1800.00 in it not counting a good bit of time I put in it because it was shabby when i bought it. Everything appears pretty tight on it, new seat cover, engine lid in good shape and all I know it comes down to what a buyer is willing to pay is the bottom line. I do thank you for the info it was helpful I like to be fair and honest with everything I sell and want the same when I buy I am looking at the $2000.00. and if I can't get it I may just hang onto it and do the repairs needed myself and look to get closer to that $3500.00 mark. Thank You Kindly.

I think $2000 is high for a project, more like $1200, and I would never pay that much. Superchiefs in perfect all original condition may fetch as high as $3500, but more realistically are $2500 maybe $3000 on a good day.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I think Mike is more correct given the fact only one Attex has even been up for sale in almost 3 years. and fixing the head is really a minor repair even if a person had to buy one new or used from Richards maybe a set of new points and decals all really minor stuff ad in a used tire in good shape 2 grand is still a good deal and low at $1700.00 Mike an I could be wrong of course I'll see what the buyer actually offers if its not what I think it should be I'll just do the repairs clean it up to look new as it can be then go for top price if it don't sell O well like I said I am in no hurry any way to sell and its only going to go higher in value that I know. But I do also value all opinions and you could be right. I know in my area these things are far and few only one Argo has been up for sale that was 4 years ago. I'd like to see more out there but this is big 4 wheeler and side by side country. Maybe I should get mine going get it out there and seen and once its seen going through all the creeks and stuff it will get folks wanting to buy them who knows. I'll post some detailed pics of it hopefully tomorrow. Thank you for your opinion it is valued.

Only one for sale? I have bought one 76 Superchief, one green Superchief little truck, one green tomahawk, and one green spirit, yes a spirit in the last 2 years myself. All are poly bodies and my 76 had a prototype factory lower tub. Also included in my Attex accuisitions is the illusive camper and an original factory racing jacket during that same time. Stop buying stuff from Richard and you can get a more realistic value on your machine due to significantly lower prices on the open market than he charges. You have to remember, no matter what you spend on it, it is only worth a certain dollar amount. When someone tells me they are just trying to get their money back or they have more in it than that, it means they paid too much, and is completely irrevevant to what I am willing to pay. Also, the parts are usually worth more than the machine in its complete state. And missing simple things like decals can add houndreds to the final price when trying to make the machine perfect. Oh yeah, and there has been a nice running one for sale on here for a while now, and it's priced at $2000. I doubt I am wrong on the value. If anything, I was giving it a value a little on the high side. Like I said, I wouldn't pay $1200 for a non-running Superchief. That's closed to the price I would sell at if I just wanted to thin the herd.
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 07-15-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

If the plug hole in the head is stripped you can get a different head and be ok,If the studs are stripped out of the block then a different head wont make any difference .I think for 1800.00 I wouldnt want sripped threads in the motor,(buying a non running machine).Good luck with getting more,but not really from me.

Sorry it took awhile to post pics had some bad weather then the dang cam wouldn't work but finally I got some taken lol. Also have a CHAPARRAL ENGINE G50B on the way here this week which is said to be a fully running engine. My debate now is do I want to just pop the head off the engine on the way and put it on my original engine or pull my original and pop in the newly bought engine. I thinking pop in the newly bought and hang on to my original and get a head for it when I come across a good deal on a right head and cylinder which I might as well get both head and the cylinder I need.
    Attached Images

Well the man that wanted to buy offered $1800.00 without even seeing it he knew I had it from someone else. He knew I wasn't really interested in selling right now but I turned him on to a lead on one its not original or a SC but its a Attex. He offered to come by look at it maybe offer more but I told him I'd hold off for now. As luck had it a couple days later I ran found a said to be running CHAPARRAL ENGINE G50B engine so now I'll just pop the original out exchange engines and look for a head and cylinder for the original engine and hang on to it for now and pop it back in when I do sell so its all still original. I have only seen one other 76 SC for sale or heard of anyone having one in the 4 years I have had this one so there just can't be that many 76 models web searches turn up nothing except here and Richards, Yeah his prices are a bit high but he knows your chances of getting a part from him is faster than elsewhere. Prices are subjective for sure no matter if its parts or selling the whole deal its all what someone is willing to pay or trade for sure but this will be nice if the replacement engine is what its claimed to be this SC should be running in the next couple wks for sure.

+ Reply to Thread