1976 SC 500 Value

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1976 SC 500 Value

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    If the plug hole in the head is stripped you can get a different head and be ok,If the studs are stripped out of the block then a different head wont make any difference .I think for 1800.00 I wouldn't want striped threads in the motor,(buying a non running machine).Good luck with getting more,but not really from me.
    No its two stripped head bolts they need helicoils which work fine done a many of motorcycle engines with them. but I'd rather replace the cylinder and head on that side given the area I live it could be a long walk home if it did blow off, not how I'd want to spend a day or leave the attex out someplace broken down. Its just getting them for the right price to fix it with keeping cost down so when it does come time to sell I don't take a loss or just break even the whole idea is to profit not take a loss if it can be helped anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Only one for sale? I have bought one 76 Superchief, one green Superchief little truck, one green tomahawk, and one green spirit, yes a spirit in the last 2 years myself. All are poly bodies and my 76 had a prototype factory lower tub. Also included in my Attex accuisitions is the illusive camper and an original factory racing jacket during that same time. Stop buying stuff from Richard and you can get a more realistic value on your machine due to significantly lower prices on the open market than he charges. You have to remember, no matter what you spend on it, it is only worth a certain dollar amount. When someone tells me they are just trying to get their money back or they have more in it than that, it means they paid too much, and is completely irrevevant to what I am willing to pay. Also, the parts are usually worth more than the machine in its complete state. And missing simple things like decals can add houndreds to the final price when trying to make the machine perfect. Oh yeah, and there has been a nice running one for sale on here for a while now, and it's priced at $2000. I doubt I am wrong on the value. If anything, I was giving it a value a little on the high side. Like I said, I wouldn't pay $1200 for a non-running Superchief. That's closed to the price I would sell at if I just wanted to thin the herd.
    That is cool you have the 3rd 76SC I have heard of being bought in the past 4 yrs that I owned mine which is way cool cause I burned the web up looking for another one or parts or even a engine which I had came onto a engine the 1st few months looking and it sold the day it was posted on another forum. as for the truck and camper that is way cool I only wish for either the truck would be my 1st choice. I know all web searches land you here an ebay and its real slim picking gotta be quick to get anything Attex more so for a good price. I guess if a person watched daily they'd find more but not everyone can spend that kind of time looking.

Gotta remember the heads and cylinders are two different beast the bottom end of the cylinders are fine on both sides. However the right head has two bolts stripped on the top of the cylinder so helicoils would be fine but Timecerts are far better because they have grippers that crab into the metal as they are threaded in. Bet bet is to use drill press not that it couldn't be done by hand drilling with a steady hand I have done a few that way. But in this case the engine is coming out and I will use a drill press the old hands just are not as steady as they used to be and I have waited 4 yrs to get a replacement engine which arrived today and everything is unbolted and unwired ready to pop out the old engine and pop in the new engine compression is good exhaust ports look fairly clean on the replacement engine which appears to mean to me it has low hours on it so well see what the deal is hopefully it will run and I can either wait for cylinders and heads for the old engine or repair the heads and have a running original spare engine to this Attex which I will likely repair but also keep my eyes peeled on finding new heads an cylinders for it to be double sure of a strong and dependable original engine when it does come time to sell or trade it off whichever I may do when that time comes. Can't wait to ride this thing been a long 4 yrs and you all know how the little women are they have to grip an moan why that thing is taking up space and doesn't run why haven't you sold it da, da Of course I play the Deaf an Dumb act well and remind her its a Vintage model that the value only gets higher in time of course to many gals don't want to hear that or understand it. Any hoot looking forward to riding and seeing just what all this thing can really do lol.

Quote Originally Posted by awisewon View Post
    I am looking at what the value of a 1976 Attex SC would currently be looking to maybe sell or trade one. Everything works except one head stripped and needs to either have either time serts or helicoil installed I am told time serts get better grip and out last helicoils. The Engine is the original 500cc it was running had new pistons and rings when it was bought but past owner stripped head bolts and head pooped off rather quick trans is the T20 works fine no cracks in body one circle nickle size hole in back of tub the fool put in for water drain which a plug will solve has a has a bilge water pump that works fine needs one tire replaced holds air but sidewall damage. So just wondering what the value of this Attex may be I know this is a more rare and sought after model and these things only increase in their value.
    I have had a turn key 1976 superchief for sale for $2000.00 and can't sell it. Problem is I am in Northern California. If it is turn key and needs nothing I would not let it go for less than $2000.00 if you are east of the mississippi.
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

+ Reply to Thread