Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Diesel in a Magnum 8x8

Quote Originally Posted by rcn11thacr View Post
    Hope the family is still chugging along well. Any updates on getting the floor poured in the shop? If not, may I make a suggestion? Put PVC pipe in the floor angled to provide electricity before its poured. When ur ready to pull wife, stuff a plastic bag with string on it and use a vacuum on the other end to pull the bag thru. Grab the string and pull ur wire thru. It helps keep walls clear of wire and no guessing where u ran wires when ur trying to add a shelf or attaching a table to the wall later on.
    Getting ready to pull WIFE.......EEK

Also infloor heating is always nice too.
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    Getting ready to pull WIFE.......EEK

Also infloor heating is always nice too.
    Ah, yea. Meant to say that wire

Hi Boys! I'm back!! Shop is done, have a second daughter, and running a busy business out of the shop. So, it's hard to find any spare time...

However, me and the camping boys have tried to spend a night a week for the last few months working on the Magnum. As we all get older, we dread the portage on our trip more and more. We would like to see this rig rolling this year. So far, we've built the body spacer and gotten it bolted down. It actually looks like it fits pretty well! Since Photobucket went all greedy, what do you guys mostly use for posting pictures?

Here's the mockup for the spacer. It's a C channel that a guy I know got bent up out of scrap. Profile is 5" tall, with two 1 1/2" returns.
    Last edited by Rudy_Magnum; 06-29-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Engine placed in there. Hood fits on nice. Still gotta change exhaust, build cooling system, fuel, and a bit of electrical. Headlights are mounted, gonna put a piece of polycarbonate over the headlight cutout. Y shaped fittings are because I have two radiators that will be stacked. This will split the flow.

Got a bit more done this holiday Monday. Fuel tank is done. Fuel filter and water separator mounted. Painted and good to go.

Working on the cooling system, and exhaust now.

It runs!!!

Headlight covers on

I can't figure out how to embed the video, so just click the link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvsCwmFSBQ
    Last edited by Rudy_Magnum; 07-16-2018 at 10:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread