Tire guy

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tire guy

Tire guy

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Sorry but I just got on this post. What are you trying to do ? Are the tires you have now leaking ? If so and you want to use a tube best bet is to put Baby Powder in the tire and over the tube when you install it ! Keeps the tube from Chafeing. Also blow them up and seat the tire Then let the air out and reinflate. This let's the tube settle into the tire with out over lap or pinch. I also heard that goodyear stopped making the RawHide III as no one has any left. Take your time with the tubes abd you will be fine . OH and one more thing ! Make sure your Wheels are Smooth and clean of any peeling paint or rust !!!

It's simple, put slime in with no tubes to stop leaks etc. If below zero you will probably need to add antifreeze to the slime or it will freeze in the tyres.
    If you fit tubes to tyre without beadlock wheels the tyre will spin on the rim and rip the valve out of the tube. You can try to fit tubes to normal rims and glue the tyres to the rims, it may work.

Don't listen to the tyre guy, you tell him what you want, he does it, you pay him when he's done it.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    i have 2 set of goodyear rawhide 3 if u need it

hi
    Tubes only work occasionally
    If u run with high pressure 5 psi or greater
    When the bead pops inwards ,tire can rotate damaging the valve
    Water can enter via the ""slow leak holes " causing corrosion to rim
    BUT try a tube if it works great ......
    Recommendation with old tire is to replace as a pair [or one left one right ]

tomo

Smart

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 02:25 PM.

That's fine, you listen to the tyre guy, no problem. Now air your tyres down to a couple of pounds (ish) for comfort and traction, go for a decent ride and report back

Then you can go back to the tyre guy and tell him what you think of him

England

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedeelin1 View Post
    You guys are so smart. Thank you for the rawhide offer, I will pass on them. Sence I have already spent the 20 dollars and 10 to install the tube I will see what happens. I am watching you guys on you tube and looking at your tires, a lot of different tires on different machines. Some very aggressive mud tires. My rawhides have good tread most of them so far are bead leakers, just the one has side wall leaks. It is so funny and time will tell tire guy says don't listen to you guys and you say don't listen to him. Normally wife tells me what to do, I can't go wrong when I listen to her. Thank you guys for your help.
    Good way of thinkin, however, many tire issues are a nuiscense (however you spell that) more than a problem. I have two sets I usually run and one tire leaks on one set and 3 leak pretty good on the other set, simply airing up before each ride works well, they do leak out but don't stop the ride.
    As far as Busco goes some one always has a compressor or air tank around, in 2011 on a night ride on a particularly dry, rutted and root ridden trail member freq42(Bob) was called into action for 7 debeads in a 4 hour ride. We all made it back and had a great time.

Don't sweat the small stuff, we're not going to Florida on a night ride and never more than a mile from camp, unlike a 4 wheeler you can do a couple hour ride on 5 or 6 tires. Although it is annoying, leaks are just that and though fronts are most important you still have 6 more to swap if needed.

Have fun see you there.

Wife was just over there, says you guys drive on the wrong side of the road(LOL)
    We have to ............................ otherwise we wouldn't be able to read the road signs

+ Reply to Thread