Predator 22 hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator 22 hp

Predator 22 hp

I was at Harbor Freight today and they had a 22 hp Predator engine for $699.00. I didn't get to look at it, no one was on the floor. At the checkout the guy told me they keep them in the back and I'm not ready for the engine yet. I don't know the shaft size and I think this was the sale price, I looked online, but they don't even list it there, it seems to be a good price though. Just an FYI

Thanks for the heads up!

It was put in ads months ago, but quickly pulled from circulation. I think I read there were manufacturing shortfalls or it was delayed for whatever reason. I expect a big aftermarket following for these

The new sale paper is out for September and they have the 22 hp for $699.00 until the end of the month. It even comes with a muffler the shaft is keyed 1 X 2.84 inches. here is the web page.

22 HP (670cc) V-Twin Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine EPA

I've always said B&S was overpriced for what you get, here's proof.

Looks like a Honda GX series knock off, they were pretty good mills so

I'm thinkin' payin' the assembly workers 2 bucks a day would drive the price down I bit.., Briggs feeds a lot Family's around these parts.

Just Sayin'

HI
    Vanguard twins, blocks cast in japan by Mitsubishi [at least up till the sunami]
    95% bolt on parts Chinese
    Only a few parts are made in all 3 countries japan ,usa and china
    This is not very patriotic to any USA family.

tomo

there's two assembly plants within 50 miles of here with parking lots 3/4's full on first and second shifts, nothing is made here anymore. the flood of cheap imports got Us that deal. but hey, as long as its cheap I guess

Hi,
    Not a big fan of Chinese engines .
    The pit falls are not only the basic design but the metallurgy .
    Cheap steel and aluminum is exactly that .
    Design in USA and made in china is the bare minimum of quality one should except . Even then it depends on the company.
    99% companies are profit driven for there wholesale price ,if there is a slight benefit to the end user this is ok [a secondary priority]

B&S to keep market share in the single cylinder sales invented jr dragster . This is to compete against the flood of imports . After all this the single cylinders are at a reasonable honest cost and fair quality . This is in distinct contrast to the v twin market. No support ,at least not encouraged ,quality is questionable and pricing IS NOT competitive at all .
    DID I SAY THE SUPPORT IN SOME COUNTRIES IS--------- ACTIVELY DISCOURAGED/SHUT DOWN /STOPPED-------- FOR V-TWIN PERFORMANCE/ RACING

Outside the USA B&S is differently operated
    Very very arrogant to the extreme, controlling.

Due to there [B&S] attitude it is no surprise why the Chinese engines are getting a foothold in the market.

tomo

+ Reply to Thread