briggs 23 HP

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: briggs 23 HP

briggs 23 HP

Okay guys need some help/ advice. I just finished installing a 23 HP briggs and stratton in my argo bigfoot. All hooked up no problem. So I go to start it and it spins but no ignition. Igot fuel drawn into the fuel filter but just not getting any fire up. I poured some gas into the carb and got ignition for a few seconds till the fuel in carb burnt up then back to same situation. This is a brand new motor, wondering if it's the mixture. Anyone know how to adjust the mixture on these 23s. I found the mixture screw on the old 18 but not on the 23. Any advice would be great.

Trevor

Did you check and make sure the float is not Stuck shut ? I take it your getting fuel out of the pump to the carb ??

My 16 Briggs has a fuel solenoid that needs to be on for the engine to get fuel.
    Banned

YEP ! I forgot that the newer engines have the electric fuel shut off celenoid on the bottom of the carb. You need to get 12V to it so it opens and lets the mani jet get fuel. It also can run off the oil pump pressure switch as to shut the engine down in loss of oil pressure.

Okay, As I look at the carb there is the electric fuel shut off solenoid at the bottom of the carb. There is a wire that comes off of it runs under the shroud and comes out near the starter. I was wondering what that was. On the 18 I pulled There is a black thin wire that was just fastened to a screw and I connected that in the same manner on the 23. What do I do with the wire off the fuel shut off solenoid? I need to attach 12v line to it and from where direct to the battery? Yes there is what looks like a oil pump swithc and it has a connector already on it but no wire to it. Are you guys saying I can connect the fuel shut off solenoid under the carb directly to this connector on the oil pump switch? Will this supply my 12v or do I still need to connect to a 12 volt source? I am getting fuel to the carb past the fuel pump.

Thanks getting closer
    Trevor
    Last edited by trevorakm1; 09-01-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Your fuel solenoid needs 12 volts to work either hook it up to your key switch or a toggle switch

Sounds like it was setup with a low oil pressure fuel shut off. you can wire it 12v from the key or just unscrew the solenoid and remove the needle and then theres no need to wire it in at all.

Hey Junkman, glad you chimed in. So you are telling me to run a wire from the key switch to that black wire that leads to the bottom of the carb correct? should I wire to the oil pressure sensor also or can I leave it alone? The engine swap went smooth except for this aspect. Am I correct in assuming this wiring of the solenoid below the carb is a single wire set up, from switch to solenoid and no return or is there?
    What happens if I don't wire the low oil pressure fuel shut off and I don't remove the needle in the solenoid?

Thanks for the help

Trevor

I sent you a PM on this set up that should help you.

+ Reply to Thread