The trail Quads don't take

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The trail Quads don't take

The trail Quads don't take

I ran my wife and kids into our cabin at Sandy Lake on July 11th, dropped them off, and then came back out on the 12th to go on another trip. Here is a look at the North Trail out of the lake that I got on my way home. Normally we take the South Trail, as our Cabin is at the South end of the Lake, but the river was too high to cross. This trail was VERY wet, Quads can make it, but not without some challenges
    It's a little on the long side, but there was so much good footage that I wanted to keep. The Argo was floating a number of times in the goopy Muskeg holes. The horrible stink of H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide) coming from some of the sinkholes was about enough to knock a Buzzard off a Gutwagon at times.
    It took me roughly 2 hours to make the trip out, which is about 6 or 7 miles. Got slightly stuck a couple times, nothing major.

Eight minutes of Comfortably Numb! AWESOME! I'm not sure if I'd rather be in the Argo or at the concert.

Great footage RD!
    ~m

Great video - I love that "tree" that you had to winch to at the end. I think every time that I get stuck that is the kind of trees that I find within reach. At least it worked though.

Video tech time - What kind of helmet mount do you have? I think your videos have some of the best "in motion" footage that I have seen because it is so still. I guess you keep your head more still than anything else so it wasn't bouncy at all.

Just wondering.

Samsung SCX-210L, is what I use. It comes with everything you need, except extra memory and a good battery. It comes with the head cam, no helmet required, it has a head strap. Also comes with video editing program that is pretty easy to use (I figured it out)
    Simply strap the headcam onto your noodle, and drop the camera into your pocket. The cord between the two has one button, hold it for 3 sec to turn power on/off, and tap the button to start/stop recording. It really is that easy.
    RD

PS, I think the newest model out is a SCX-300L, for about $500.00 from Future Shop.

Thanks for that info!

Wow!

Rock Doc, it seems that you could use the the company of a MaxIv up there. It's just not right right that you have all that beautiful terrain to abuse all by yourself. That seems like a great place to get six or seven aatv's together for an absolute ball!Man WOW! I am drooling looking at that terrain!

Where were your tracks?

I've watched several of your vids & it seems to me you'd be using tracks more often. I read your idea on center tracks only & might give it a try myself.
    I rarely run w/o tracks year round!

artist1018,
    I've watched several of your vids & it seems to me you'd be using tracks more often. I read your idea on center tracks only & might give it a try myself.
    I rarely run w/o tracks year round!
    I had never been down that trail before, and never knew what I was getting into.
    I find full tracks to be very hard on bearings, and rob too much power (especially the Super Tracks). Not to mention that there is a certian amount of satisfaction to getting through the tough stuff without them
    Also, the trails I run have alot of gnarly ruts that cause the track guides to dig into the tire sidewalls, and also can twist the tracks up so much that you drive out of them.
    I do run the tracks more often with the 6x6, but try to hold off on the 8x8 if I can. I think of the Supertracks as more of a Winter/Deep Snow kind of thing.

mightymaxIV,
    Rock Doc, it seems that you could use the the company of a MaxIv up there.
    Anytime Buddy, if you are ever in the area, just let me know.

+ Reply to Thread