Conquest coil

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest coil

Conquest coil

Took ride today to check stands and just to be out. Everything was going good and all of a sudden I lost some power. Limped it back to the truck, popped the good and the front plug wire we off. So I pushed it back on and took off again. About 800 yards from the truck, started acting up again. Not sure why it won't stay on the plug. But i assume I am going to need to replace that coil. And if if I do that I may as well replace both. And if I do that I may as well change out the plugs while I'm at it.
    My question is, should I get everything from an Argo dealer? Or just go to a small engine repair shop?

Just stumbled across these.
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...FU9k7AoddVgAvA
    Not sure if they would work or not.

Those look like they would work if they are 7 mm. I didn't see the wire size listed. If you need parts for the Kawasaki fd620 go to small engine place first.

I found this one. 268-0457 - Spark Plug Boot, Briggs & Stratton 4124, 493880, 493880S, 66538, 66538S
    Just wonder if it wouldn't best to replace the coil. That way I don't have to worry about it in the future.

Did you try giving the metal cup inside the boot a little squeeze with a pair of pliers? Do so with care; you want to tighten it, not crush it. When it's right it will snap onto the plug.

I have bit tried that. I will, thanks for the tip.

Had a conquest in today and the plug cap unscrews off the wire and should be available seperate. Similar to snowmobile or dirt bike.

That's exactly what happened. The end was still in the wire. So I pulled it out, screwed it back on the plug and I am back in business. Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread