Bearing Extensions fitting to mid axles???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bearing Extensions fitting to mid axles???

Bearing Extensions fitting to mid axles???

I manage a Rescue Station that uses an Argo Avenger. A few months back I asked for some advice about upgrading to the HD bearings and got various useful pieces of advice from people including the famous Rock Doc.

I also spoke to a local Argo engineers who was repairing a few that had been used in salt water and silt- since seeing some damage etc.. I have decided against HD bearings due to operating in fine silt and salt water.

I keep the axles lubricated and have a very conscientious maintenance routine- however we operate the rubber tracks and some of the terrain is pretty poor, sometimes over concrete with thirteen different drivers (all trained) often in emergency situations- fact is going through outer bearings on the second axle (from the front) from turning on concrete and driving over tough ground? the - front bearings are fine. Rear bearings have been replaced once (fair enough) but second axle bearings are on their third set!

I am considering sticking some holes in the chassis and fitting a bearing extension (same as on the front and rear axles.

Has anyone experience of this??

If you do it let us know how easy it is to do, seems like it. Been contemplating adding them to the rear axles on my argo.

Trevor

Mine has had them added to the back (by previous owner). Can't be too hard. Just use your head, and do it well. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

+ Reply to Thread