Briggs and stratton 18hp help please

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Briggs and stratton 18hp help please

NO SORRY, I will post some pictures now

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I had a look at the coils and have no wire coming from them, only an spade connector and the plug lead! is the spade connector where the kill wire should be? If so am I right in thinking running a wire to the next coil then to a push switch then to ground?

Holy cow, a lot goin' on there. give Me a few hrs and I'll see if I can mock up some coils and wire on a block and post what I'm talkin' about. are You sure it fires on both cylinders? they won't if the kill wire is not connected between the two coils.

Yeh, tell me about it, how would i tell if is firing on both? deff no thin wire coing from the coils. I just bought the right solenoid , this one is in mid air!!! ok thanks for your help

just tried a wire going one coil then to the next , but it will not start like this! was planning on connecting both coils then grounding it when it was running. Ehhhhhhh, FED UP NOW

This is the wire I'm talkin' about, You just can't use any wire. it has diodes in line to stop one coil from canceling out the other. if its something You plan on keeping I would also replace the coils, who knows why all that tape is on there but I'm sure its not good.

Well if there was No wire on the coils then its not running on both cylinders. need to get it running and pull one plug wire off at a time, if it does not miss or it dies then more than likely that cyl has no spark.

Definately no wires, I did make a temporary wire up between both coils, and then tried to start it, but it would not start. I removed one wire from one coil and it started, but would not cut out when I touched the wire on the frame, it just sparked. I don't understand how its missing this wiring between both coils. It looks like it has had a new ignition switch on it at one point, and I take it that the black push switch was to kill the engine, but its not working. The only wires that comes out of the engine are the two yellow ones.
    The engine model number is 350447, the type is 1026-E1, the code 00071211. It is a 18 HP V Twin van guard Briggs and Stratton.
    Thanks for your help.
    Would I need to purchase this wire between the coils to stop the engine, or is there another way of doing it? I have got two of these, and I was planning on selling this one as this was the tattier one.
    Richie

Yes You will need the correct wire assembly, Part #692319. as I said before, it will run on one cylinder with no wire. the coil is a magneto style so it makes its own power. the two yellow wires are from the stator/alternator.
    the correct ignition switch part #692318. I would replace it also so the system works as it did from the factory.
    Last edited by Nubs; 09-20-2014 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread