New to the forum. Just picked up a really nice little Terra Tiger with a JLO L-252L motor in it. The previous owner did a great job of fixing it up. The only issue I seem to have is that I can't seem to get it to idle without taking off. The main drive clutch (torque converter) belt seems to have enough slack in it when I rotate the clutch by hand that it doesn't catch. But as soon as I start it up it kicks into gear big time and I have to hold the brake down to keep it from getting away from me. It may just be that I need to clean out the carb as it may be running too lean. I tried to lower the idle speed, but then it just dies out. Any thoughts?

One other question which may or may not pertain to the drive clutch or steering clutches. - I know that the Terra Tiger doesn't have a neutral gear... but is there any trick to moving it when the motor is off. I'm a pretty big guy and have trouble pushing this thing more than a couple of feet. Just trying to figure out if it should be this hard to move as all the wheel chains are connected.. or if I might be doing something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS! Paul

* I'm in Northern California (close to SF) if there happens to be any other Terra Tiger owners out this way I'd love to exchange tricks and tips!

photo.jpg