July astabula race #2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: July astabula race #2

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    That was some pretty fancy stick work there mike great job an congrats on the first place.
    Thanks G. I've always kept a ton of play in my sticks since I built the machine back in '09 to try and help compensate for how much I bounced around in the cockpit with those nasty old Nankangs. With the new Carlisles, I can probably take about 6" of travel out of them. The table tops were actually fun this year!

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Here's some pretty raw footage from the two-stroke stock feature race and a short trip back into the pits to try to give you an idea of how many people were there. The track was actually in pretty decent shape with regard to smoothness, but my GoPro arm sticks out a bit too far to miss getting the entire roll bar in the frame, so it shakes a bit. You can go frame-by-frame and see at least one 42mph on the radar screen in one shot, but honest... she'll hit 45 on the wet track.

You can see minor carnage on the left side if the screen at 3:21 where two good friends collaborate to help me out a bit....

So, EDIT:: In the youtube-converted file you can't see the radar gun numbers. It's all a lie; it only does around 32.

"Wooo!"
    Banned

Great job Mike! Do you give driving lessons?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    Great job Mike! Do you give driving lessons?
    Ha! Right.....There will be some detractors wondering why there's so much darn stick work and why the corners were so slow at times. You and the rest of the folks that were out during practice laps know how slippery that track was. I think Nick nailed it when he said "it's like ice....". You'd take a good line that you know has worked forever and you'd just float out to the grass... I do have some (very slow) practice lap video that I'll load up to try to convey why it was hard to stay on the track in the corners.

I know there has to be a lot more interest in racing that just the number of folks this event brought out. I'd encourage anybody who's even remotely interested to get out to the late Spring and Fall events on the track when Bud opens it up for us to just have fun and practice. Pine Lake is my "home track" at this point, and I still get 9/10 corners wrong as many times as I've been around it over the past 7 years.

Mike was that a drone flying over you at 5:23?

Yes that is the mudd ox drone matt and nick do an awesome job getting footage from above.

Quote Originally Posted by brian19600 View Post
    Mike was that a drone flying over you at 5:23?
    That's Tech Inspection doing the post-race flyby.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Ha! Right.....There will be some detractors wondering why there's so much darn stick work and why the corners were so slow at times. You and the rest of the folks that were out during practice laps know how slippery that track was. I think Nick nailed it when he said "it's like ice....". You'd take a good line that you know has worked forever and you'd just float out to the grass... I do have some (very slow) practice lap video that I'll load up to try to convey why it was hard to stay on the track in the corners.

I know there has to be a lot more interest in racing that just the number of folks this event brought out. I'd encourage anybody who's even remotely interested to get out to the late Spring and Fall events on the track when Bud opens it up for us to just have fun and practice. Pine Lake is my "home track" at this point, and I still get 9/10 corners wrong as many times as I've been around it over the past 7 years.
    Does anyone know if there will be another Pine Lake event this fall?
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-12-2016 at 04:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread