Attex 297 question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex 297 question

Attex 297 question

I am putting an old 297 together and the 21x11x8 Carlisle tires are too big. Does anyone know what tire I should use?
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Where are they too big? Height or width?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Height. There is little to no clearance underneath.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Where are they too big? Height or width?

Is the tire hitting the muffler?
    Larryw has them on his

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

You can heat the fenders up and bend them upwards for more clearance. Many people use 2x4 frames to hold up the body while cooling down.

You're right, he has all kind of clearance. It not only hits the muffler but also the muffler shield. It is sp tight you can't spin the tire. On mine I can't even fit my fingers between the top and the tread. I double checked the tire size and it is correct. Nothing has been modified on the. Machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Is the tire hitting the muffler?
    Larryw has them on his

His 208 has no external muffler, the first gens did have an issue with melting the rear tire if over inflated.

I'd guess the frame has flexed to the extent that the tires rub. All the Attex are prone to it, but the first gen machine's light frame tended to be even more so. Have a look straight at the front and rear of the machine and see if it doesn't look like you have excessive negative camber.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Hey Don, was thinking the same thing. While there is support on the bottom of the rails, there is none on the top except trans at the rear.

+ Reply to Thread