kohler engines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: kohler engines

kohler engines

I was wondering is there a difference bewteen the kohler 23hp and the kohler25 hp as for power would it be worth up grading to a 25 in my max 4 I also see they sell in northern hydraulics a 27hp motor too.

Hi junk. I know this is a bit late in coming but I have been away for a while. I don’t think it is worth the swap at all. I had a max4 with an 18 Briggs and my new one has the 25 hp Kohler and I can’t tell the difference at all. Save the $$
    Oh ya the biggest difference I can see so far is the Kohler is a lot Quieter
    Last edited by BenDawg; 09-03-2008 at 10:45 PM.

i have a 18 briggs in my II and a 23 k in the IV not munchg differance . if you go from a 18 2 a 27 yes there is a differance .i rode a 27 kaw iv and there is right munch differance there . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

engine

I ended up buying different sprockets for the t-20 to drop down from a 15 tooth to a 13 tooth like mightymax did hows yours for power rdr I think the 23hp is not enough for the max 4 with 26" tires

Quote Originally Posted by thejunkman View Post
    I ended up buying different sprockets for the t-20 to drop down from a 15 tooth to a 13 tooth like mightymax did hows yours for power rdr I think the 23hp is not enough for the max 4 with 26" tires
    you are right
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

engine

rdr does your belt squeel at times when taking off?

[ QOUTE ] does your belt squeel at times when taking off ?

junkman ,

I ride with boncrshr who has a Hustler 950 with a 20 hp Honda motor in it . He has also done the red spring clutch modification too . He also went to a 40 tooth sprocket which helped a lot . In situations though , when his Honda motor is put under a lot of strain , his belt will squeel some times too .
    He was told that a Clutch off of a Max IV would cure this problem. ? Any one know about this ?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-04-2008 at 11:46 AM.

engine

I have never heard of this but I do know you can change your springs in the clutch to make rpm engagement a little higher when taking off.

na i use napa belt dressing but be carful a verry little goes a long way: robbie

engine

But before you used the napa belt dressing did yours squeel and what kind of dressing napa or crc?

+ Reply to Thread