new to 6x6's got a few ?s

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new to 6x6's got a few ?s

new to 6x6's got a few ?s

Hey i am sure this question is asked often i didnt see a thread allready started but i have enough money saved up to buy a 6x6, i am either going to get a maxII 500 or an argo frontier 480 i was wondering wich is the better one? pros and cons of each? also is there any other companies that make them still? i am wanting to purchase new not used thanks!

Argos have good points and bad points just as a Max does. My advice would be to spend a little time operating both machines and see which one is better to your liking.

McCoy

Hey 1bad,

Just noticed this thread....are you looking for used or brand new? If you are looking for an awesome machine that may need some minor work, there is a Hustler 980 in Corpus for 1600. That is a big, bad machine! It will accept 26" tires, and has an 18HP motor....

Edit: If you want to see some pics of a 980, check out JPSwift's or Meinfeld's photo galleries on this site, they have some really nice ones!
    Last edited by boncrshr; 05-14-2008 at 11:29 PM.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

Going with a new machine will get you a warranty and a machine you can use as soon as you get it. Both Max and Argo are capable machines that will serve you well.

Nothing against used machines, I've got a few, but sometimes they are not the best choice for a person just getting into the amphibious ATV's. Some have been abused and not taken care of by previous owners and they can leave a person disgusted with a bad opinion on the AATV. I have people stopping by looking for a fixer upper and I don't like selling them because a great deal of the time they turn into an unfinished project that never gets going.

But on the other hand guys that have some experience and don't mind rebuilding a machine can bring some great machines back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
    Argos have good points and bad points just as a Max does. My advice would be to spend a little time operating both machines and see which one is better to your liking.

McCoy
    i would like to but there is only an argo dealer close to me not a max and i rarley see these around

Where are you located? There may be a member of this forum around your area that would let you test out their Max.

New 6x6

I just bought a Frontier 6x6 and it's really a great machine as far as I'm concerned. I know it's still chain driven and all but if you take care of them, they should give you years of good service. I took it out for the first time 2 weeks ago and was totally impressed with what it can do. I'm hearing lots of good things about the new Frontier 6x6's on this forum. bigger tires and my engine is the bigger 627cc 23 hp B&S. Full skid boards, gauges and extended axle covers. Even came with a winch and a trailer ball hitch. Anyway, I don't think you could go wrong with the Argo, other than the price is a bit spendy. Let us know what you end up with.

Dennis
    "Let's Roll" when he used to wake me up in the mornings for school in the 50's.
    My Dad, Utah Beach D-day vet, 79th Inf Div

You won't be disappointed in either the Argo or Max, but you should really drive them both as much as possible before you make up your mind.

If you're mechanically inclined and don't mind a little work, it wouldn't hurt to check out the used machine market in your area. There are a lot of good used machines at a fraction of the cost of a new one, and yes- some were abused and neglected. You'll have to check them out pretty well. Some machines you just need to steer clear from, but if you look at Max, Argo, Attex, and Hustler you should be on the right track.

Good Luck.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread