Jiger ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jiger ?

Oh boy.. some good intentioned people want to improve stuff.. but mess it up a bit.. The T handle has been replaced with two argo style levers, but there is no centering springs.. so you have to hold the levers in the neutral position to start the motor. Hmm. I was able to take a short drive before I sheared off a very small bolt on the linkage to the right side hydro unit. Not a good start for my little yellow friend. The motor does run good.. but noisy like a 2 cycle dirt bike. Can't talk to anyone near you.. Over all the body is in very good shape.. and not missing any of the pieces. The wheels have been adapted to 5 bolt 8" trailer rims.. that's good. It's more of a project then I was hoping.. but I'm a fussy guy.. and most stuff I get is..
    WP_20150222_15_31_22_Pro.jpg
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

Yes, another Robeye build!!!

Yep, that's a Versatrek Jiger......and a nice looking one too. Good to hear you were able to provide it a good new home. Looking forward to seeing the progress on getting put back to its former glory.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Not to sure about former glory.. It's already been messed with.. and I like those new lever's with a very nice twist grip throttle.. This little guy has been passed around town a bit.. with some frustrated owners selling it soon after realizing it's not trail ready.. I heard that the two Hydro units were rebuilt.. If that's the case then I should get the rest in order and it's all good. I was concerned that we have 47 year old hydro units. Things do wear out.. no time currently to look into these things.. I have a 1/2 finished Terra Jet in the shop.
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

+ Reply to Thread