Spam PMs from 1972Pantera

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spam PMs from 1972Pantera

We have been dealing with hacking attempts from China for the past five weeks. They are simply trying to log into everyone's account by trying simple passwords like "12345" and "password". They only have 5 attempts before the accounts are locked for 15 minutes which has helped but they finally got lucky and got into 1972Pantera's account. I have changed his password for now.

I really didn't want to force anyone to change their password but I may have to do that. If you are using a ridiculously simple password, I understand that it's easy to remember but please try something more secure. I can't see anyone's passwords because of their encryption but I can scan the database for simple passwords and force an update. I may do that soon if it continues to be a problem.

Thanks to everyone that reported the SPAM to me. I appreciate it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We have been dealing with hacking attempts from China for the past five weeks. They are simply trying to log into everyone's account by trying simple passwords like "12345" and "password". They only have 5 attempts before the accounts are locked for 15 minutes which has helped but they finally got lucky and got into 1972Pantera's account. I have changed his password for now.

I really didn't want to force anyone to change their password but I may have to do that. If you are using a ridiculously simple password, I understand that it's easy to remember but please try something more secure. I can't see anyone's passwords because of their encryption but I can scan the database for simple passwords and force an update. I may do that soon if it continues to be a problem.

Thanks to everyone that reported the SPAM to me. I appreciate it.

Mike
    I have noticed strange things with being logged in and then saying invalid password at times. I thought it was just a glitch in my phone though. Is the password "password" secure enough? If not, I may have to ad 123 at the end of all my passwords to keep these Chinese scam artists away from my stuff.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

At least it got me to log in and check out the site for the first time in a few months...

Got one to. Thanks Mike for your efforts to keep spammers out!
    Ross

There's no way there guessin' my password so i don't get it, Numbers,letters,capital's bla bla

Me Too

Hello,

Yes I did as a private email. I thought it was strange.

Thanks

Wow! I wasn't left out on something for a change. Fooled him, I don't even have a motorcycle.

+ Reply to Thread